Target Sports

Banned from Facebook...for the fifth time.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1663943888729.png

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    OP should have learned the lesson the first four times. Personally I’d be embarrassed to be banned five times. That would indicate a slow learner. For the life of me, I just cannot comprehend supporting platform that goes against 100% of my beliefs. 10, 15 years ago we managed just fine without FB. What has changed?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    OP should have learned the lesson the first four times. Personally I’d be embarrassed to be banned five times. That would indicate a slow learner. For the life of me, I just cannot comprehend supporting platform that goes against 100% of my beliefs. 10, 15 years ago we managed just fine without FB. What has changed?
    It kind of is Einstein's definition of "insanity", huh?

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    actually...its an indication of someone whos not afraid to stand up in public and express their views instead of hiding behind mommas skirt and letting someone else carry the burden of free speech for them. and is willing to pay the price. hide little pussys hide! live in fear of someones disapproval. theres still a place for you though. canada!! put ur gay on and flee! melt into rainbowland where you fit in. lots of sheep herds that welcome hairless twats like you.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    actually...its an indication of someone whos not afraid to stand up in public and express their views instead of hiding behind mommas skirt and letting someone else carry the burden of free speech for them. and is willing to pay the price. hide little pussys hide! live in fear of someones disapproval. theres still a place for you though. canada!! put ur gay on and flee! melt into rainbowland where you fit in. lots of sheep herds that welcome hairless twats like you.
    FB much Kevin?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What has changed?
    The platform has been adopted by our peers. That's about all.

I have a Facebook account. I added a profile picture. That was a number of years ago. I've never posted anything on Facebook.

That may change soon as I may begin using the platform to sell a few household items. It's where the people are so if I want to sell successfully I need to be there, too.

Even if I don't use it to sell, I know that in a few years I'll start. When my 50th high school reunion happens, I'll go and that means getting on Facebook. Everyone in my high school class seems to use it constantly and the event will be organized there.

The lesson in both cases is the same. If you want to communicate with others, you have to go to the village commons. Today there are several of those but for my age group, Facebook is, by far, the most ubiquitous.

Please note that doesn't mean I like it.

jwhistler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    Arlington
    Facebook deleted my page Said my page didn't meet their public standards. Never would tell me which posts. I think it was the anti covid jab memes. Was only put in facebook jail one time and that was for saying that Al Gore should be charged and shot for treason.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have never been banned from FB. But I don't post much content. The big thing for most my age is posting grandkid pics. It’s how we brag. I look through it every couple days to see what my friends are up to. Its fun seeing people I went to school with and what they are up to, and seeing each other's grands.

Last edited:

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I have never been on Facebook and never will. It is censored by libtards and they can cancel you at any moment because they disagree with what you have said. To me it you be like being in a gas station bathroom that has never been cleaned. I would rather piss outside behind the building where I am free.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I have never been banned from FB. But I don't post much content. The big thing for most my age is posting grandkid pics. It how we brag. I look through it every couple days to see what my friends are up to. Its fun seeing people I went to school with and what they are up to, and seeing each other's grands.
    Thats about all I do also. I get on FB every 2 or 3 days to see/find out what my high school friends are up to and check on my grand-daughter.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Use it almost solely these days to tweak/troll and trigger liberal dimocraps "friends".

Which is most of them, due to being mostly musicians, a class of humans, while talented, have a trait of staying in mama's basement far too damn long.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have never been on Facebook and never will. It is censored by libtards and they can cancel you at any moment because they disagree with what you have said. To me it you be like being in a gas station bathroom that has never been cleaned. I would rather piss outside behind the building where I am free.

This may come as a shock. But you can set your feed where its only your friends' posts, and only your friends can see your posts. 90% plus of my feed are people who think like I do mostly. Its not like twitter where you end up seeing some random persons' crap.

My FB feed is mostly tame. 70% I could care less about, so I scroll right past it.

20% plus is stuff my kids post, most of the time it has pics of my grands.

Top Bottom