• ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    May I quote:

"Coming to this country is a privilege. If you can't live by the rules that we live by, the standards and the values that we live by, we should exclude you from this country"It's a privilege to come to this country."

"There are certain behaviours that mean you forfeit that privilege."

Don't flame me, but I agree with their premise that it is a privilege, not a right, to travel to another country. I wish our country would adopt a stronger stance on immigration. I wish we had something like: You can come to work, you can start the citizenship process, but we'll kick you out so fast your head will spin if you engage in illegal activity, don't pay income taxes, or if you become a burden to the country (vs. being productive).

I disagree with why they have banned Savage, I like his show.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    May I quote:

"Coming to this country is a privilege. If you can't live by the rules that we live by, the standards and the values that we live by, we should exclude you from this country"It's a privilege to come to this country."

"There are certain behaviours that mean you forfeit that privilege."

Don't flame me, but I agree with their premise that it is a privilege, not a right, to travel to another country. I wish our country would adopt a stronger stance on immigration. I wish we had something like: You can come to work, you can start the citizenship process, but we'll kick you out so fast your head will spin if you engage in illegal activity, don't pay income taxes, or if you become a burden to the country (vs. being productive).

I agree.

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Quick Observation

I recall seeing protesters in the UK with signs like "Behead those who say islamn is violent" , or "The UK is next". All after 911. It's odd how those protesters were allowed to remain given their opposition to the west. Funny how that works..

No worries, I'm sure that European women will look just fine in their burkas.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    ."

FLAME you ~ I may have this statement FRAMED.
    PS I love listening to Savage too!

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Missed most of the show, had to work late, but have it going now. Weiner (Savage) has many great points. First and foremost, he has never been about violence.

I usually like the grumpy old man and think real name, Weiner, is funnier than heck.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Hell, our TEXAS is good enough for me !

Next time the Huns, Germans, Russkis,, or somebody jumps on Britain maybe we can all stay home and sit it out ? Matter of fact, North of the Mason-Dixon, Kalifornia, and Colorado actually have a good reason to bar me from their borders if they could read my mind and it was legal to do so.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Next time the Huns, Germans, Russkis,, or somebody jumps on Britain maybe we can all stay home and sit it out ? Matter of fact, North of the Mason-Dixon, Kalifornia, and Colorado actually have a good reason to bar me from their borders if they could read my mind and it was legal to do so.

+1

Just read this article. Some of the feedback is sad at best. UK doesn't have a 1st Amendment, even if it did, the feedback mirrors some you hear here in America. Free Speech is for people that agree with you.

[url]http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/philip_johnston/blog/2009/05/05/should_we_be_banning_this_us_shock_jock[/URL]

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009

+1

Just read this article. Some of the feedback is sad at best. UK doesn't have a 1st Amendment, even if it did, the feedback mirrors some you hear here in America. Free Speech is for people that agree with you.

[URL="http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/philip_johnston/blog/2009/05/05/should_we_be_banning_this_us_shock_jock"][url]http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/philip_johnston/blog/2009/05/05/should_we_be_banning_this_us_shock_jock[/URL][/URL]

Good post. The comments are interesting as you mentioned. I haven't really listened to Savage. How bad could he be? The funny thing is that some of which these guys call repulsive, I'd probably call common sense. But then again I'm probably just another white racist republican. Don't mind me.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Does this mean we can ban Hugh Grant? If my SO comes home with one more of his generic romance comedy "look at me I'm a reformed ladies man" movies I might go 187 gang-style on my own TV.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    +1

[URL="http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/philip_johnston/blog/2009/05/05/should_we_be_banning_this_us_shock_jock"][url]http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/philip_johnston/blog/2009/05/05/should_we_be_banning_this_us_shock_jock[/URL][/URL]
    For sure! some people want free speech is only for them and people that think like them. And if you don't think like them You must be oppressed.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I listen to Rush Limbaugh from time to time but I don't listen to mike savage all that much so I won't critique his show. I usually listen to SGT Sam Cox and Ed on radio 590 in the morning. That is the talk radio I like here in Austin. Sorry if I misspelled Rush's last name.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Savage is intersting.

I'd call his him arrogant, abrasive, and verbally combatative. He brings up some points. He comes out with all guns blazing and will fire at Republicans as equally as democrats. He doesn't pull any punches nor try and dazzle you with arguments.

I'm a much bigger fan of some of the other shows, but that would be my humble assessment.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Savage is intersting.

I'd call his him arrogant, abrasive, and verbally combatative. He brings up some points. He comes out with all guns blazing and will fire at Republicans as equally as democrats. He doesn't pull any punches nor try and dazzle you with arguments.

I'm a much bigger fan of some of the other shows, but that would be my humble assessment.

I would agree with that.

I like Mark Levin, Laura Ingraham (she can be junior high at times), Rush Limbaugh, Michael Medved (he can be a douche when it comes to Libertarian issues) and Bill Bennett.

My second tier guys are Mike Gallagher, Dennis Prager, Joe Pags, and Glenn Beck.

The worst are, whiney little girl Sean Hannity, boring beatnik Dennis Miller, and just about any left wing liberal.

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    Sean never seems to have an original thought on top of his whining.

Yeah, and he repeats himself over and over and over and over and over...

Yeah, and he repeats himself over and over and over and over and over...

I don't think Neil's show airs in Houston.

If you are at a computer between 9am and 11am, you can catch him online at our local station, KFYO 790.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom