Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have a low opinion of parents who burden their children with ridiculous names.
    Major academic studies have been done on the subject. There's actually a lot to unpack.

Do y'all have any idea how many parents name their kid with some seemingly random combination of adjacent letters from a computer keyboard?

How do you pronounce the name "Har$"?

Harmony.

I could go on forever with the stupidity of some parents saddling their kids with names they think are unique. It's a surprisingly deep subject.
    Capitol Armory ad

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    LoL you must've seen Star Trek V (arguably the worst Star Trek movie ever made) - because they literally travel to "Sha Ka Ree" in search of God.

Maybe her parents are secret (or not to secret) Trekkies and named her that, hoping she'd find God or something. Instead, she found ganja.
    Quit watching anything Star Trek when I first noticed Capt. Kirk was wearing a girdle...

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Major academic studies have been done on the subject. There's actually a lot to unpack.

Do y'all have any idea how many parents name their kid with some seemingly random combination of adjacent letters from a computer keyboard?

How do you pronounce the name "Har$"?

Harmony.

I could go on forever with the stupidity of some parents saddling their kids with names they think are unique. It's a surprisingly deep subject.
    I went to school with a girl named ABCD. Pronounced Ab-see-dee.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom