• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    https://www.oaoa.com/announcements/article_813ecf9a-8e6f-11ea-ad18-138272f48fd8.html

Jackboots gonna jackboot. The arrest on the folks with guns is a bullshit arrest all the way around, as is the arrest of the bar owner.

Under Section 46.03 and 46.035 of the Penal Code, “premises”means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
    Lynx Defense

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That's not going to stand. They used the TABC code which is different than actual state law and, IIRC, refers to "premises" defination for legal and illegal outdoor alcohol consumption.

This has been discussed before. The two are referring to different things. Let's see who wins this one cause the law is clear.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That's not going to stand. They used the TABC code which is different than actual state law and, IIRC, refers to "premises" defination for legal and illegal outdoor alcohol consumption.

This has been discussed before. The two are referring to different things. Let's see who wins this one cause the law is clear.
    TABC is famous for making up shit as the go along.
    I heard that a requirement for working for them is an IQ under 90 and a penis no bigger than .75”

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    The most disturbing fact was that ECSO and OPD used SWAT to go in and make these arrests without even trying to send in regular officers first. Using SWAT sends the message that they are expecting to fight and use deadly force to carry out their duties. With prior LEO/OT encounters, no violence had happened. Why did the LEOs expect it now?

This was a blatant show of oppression by ECSO & OPD. And I fear it will escalate things in the future....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The most disturbing fact was that ECSO and OPD used SWAT to go in and make these arrests without even trying to send in regular officers first. Using SWAT sends the message that they are expecting to fight and use deadly force to carry out their duties. With prior LEO/OCT encounters, no violence had happened. Why did the LEOs expect it now?

This was a blatant show of oppression by ECSO & OPD. And I fear it will escalate things in the future....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The group was open texas, not open carry texas.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    [mention]SQLGeek [/mention] is gonna lose his shit again.

Members of the protest coming from a rally at Anytime Fitness in Odessa showed up to Big Daddy Zane’s Bar at around 5 p.m. Monday with loaded “AR-15 type weapons”.

Waitaminute, how did I get conflated with what Cam keeps asking?

That said, does anybody know what kind of gun was used in the Odessa shootings?

Back to the topic, this is getting old fast.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Someone killed a dep sheriff yesterday, somewhere, when he showed up to holler about masks not being worn. I'll look for the story.

ETA it was a security guard in Michigan at a dollar store, not police officer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3081674001

MI gov decrees a mask must be worn in enclosed spaces. Guard tells woman her daughter needs one. She goes off, spits on him and is kicked out. Two others return and executed the security guard.

Fraking trash. The family of trash who killed a guy doing his job.

Last edited:

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Not to mention that this is an absolute violation of the Texas Constitution:

Article 1, Sec. 27. RIGHT OF ASSEMBLY; PETITION FOR REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES. The citizens shall have the right, in a peaceable manner, to assemble together for their common good; and apply to those invested with the powers of government for redress of grievances or other purposes, by petition, address or remonstrance.

Basically, if they are protesting grievances, the judge should recognize that he's gonna have to give them a pass. Hope they sue the daylights out of that LEO posse for this.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I suspect the charges for the Open Texas group will be dropped pretty soon. They probably already have been, but that's not good news so they'll never post that story. This occurred in West Odessa, which is an unincorporated area west of Odessa. That place is usually like a war zone on a good day. OPD can't go out there unless called for assistance by ECSD or TxDPS.

This being an election year, maybe the people will wake up and decide it's time for some changes after all the bullshit that is happening throughout country and the state. I believe that Sheriff is up for re-election this year, but I could be wrong, @easy rider would know more than me about that. Unfortunately, the majority of the residents in Ector County live in Odessa, so the votes of West Odessa, Pleasant Farms, and other county residents where ECSO is the sole source of law enforcement don't carry as much weight.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    [mention]SQLGeek [/mention] is gonna lose his shit again.

Members of the protest coming from a rally at Anytime Fitness in Odessa showed up to Big Daddy Zane’s Bar at around 5 p.m. Monday with loaded “AR-15 type weapons”.

WTF is up with that....

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I suspect the charges for the Open Texas group will be dropped pretty soon. They probably already have been, but that's not good news so they'll never post that story. .This occurred in West Odessa, which is an unincorporated area west of Odessa. That place is usually like a war zone on a good day. OPD can't go out there unless called for assistance by ECSD or TxDPS

Amen brother

Top Bottom