• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Used to go to one with a buddy of mine that was owned by a friend of his family up in the panhandle that's since been sold. Totally badass. Huge garage/barn on the back end with roll-up doors on both sides. Interior was like any high-end lodge/cabin with stained concrete floors, granite and custom cabinets in the kitchen, big stone fireplace, large slate walk-in showers and nice fixtures in the baths. It was the first one I'd ever been in and knew then I may build one myself one day for my retirement place if the cost is indeed cheaper than traditional.

I couldn't find any pics of the inside, but here's some of the outside.
    My uncle's is very similar. Upper deck and all.

60'x100' shed with the first 20'x60' built into a two story living quarters. Full size roll up doors on the other four sections.
    Gun Zone Deals

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Used to go to one with a buddy of mine that was owned by a friend of his family up in the panhandle that's since been sold. Totally badass. Huge garage/barn on the back end with roll-up doors on both sides. Interior was like any high-end lodge/cabin with stained concrete floors, granite and custom cabinets in the kitchen, big stone fireplace, large slate walk-in showers and nice fixtures in the baths. It was the first one I'd ever been in and knew then I may build one myself one day for my retirement place if the cost is indeed cheaper than traditional.

I couldn't find any pics of the inside, but here's some of the outside.

Cheaper is speculative. But the maintenance costs for these are really low.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I have a friend who built a 100x100 barn on his property out in the country. Went over in one corner and built 2000 SF living quarters. The top of the quarters was set up as his wife's painting studio/whatever. He stored his car collection in there also, among other hobbies. All was cool until his wife decided to dress up the outside a bit. The appraiser came by one day for a lookee see to figure out why a barn was all dressed up and guess what. His taxes went way up. Barns are not valued near as much as houses. I just laughed. He grinned and said it took several years for them to figure it out and if his wife had just left well enough alone??? SWMBO rules.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a friend who built a 100x100 barn on his property out in the country. Went over in one corner and built 2000 SF living quarters. The top of the quarters was set up as his wife's painting studio/whatever. He stored his car collection in there also, among other hobbies. All was cool until his wife decided to dress up the outside a bit. The appraiser came by one day for a lookee see to figure out why a barn was all dressed up and guess what. His taxes went way up. Barns are not valued near as much as houses. I just laughed. He grinned and said it took several years for them to figure it out and if his wife had just left well enough alone??? SWMBO rules.
    This is the game my BIL is playing right now.

No thanks... I'll pay higher taxes instead of living in a dungeon.

Of coarse, my taxes are only $850 a year.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Not the first time I've heard about this happening.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My humble crib
    IMG_0213.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
      IMG_0213.JPG
      1.2 MB · Views: 245
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant