• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtalbert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    noticed what looks like a spot weld at the end of the barrel. thought you were supposed to be able to change out the muzzle break on these guns. other WASR-10's i've seen have a different muzzle break or barrel end than this one. is this normal? there is the little button thing on the other side that works when you push it down, just cant take off cause of the weld.

thanks
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• DSC01024.JPG
      DSC01024.JPG
      27.4 KB · Views: 178

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    Mine had that also-- I used my Dremmel and took the weld off. Mine had nice threads underneath and I put on a cheap slant brake on it. I have since put an AK74 style brake on it-- No sweat either, and the weld on mine was some sort of soft stuff and came off like it was meant to be removed. YMMV though.

PS mine was imported after the ban and is compliant-- ie Tapco double hook trigger, US grip, US gas piston, US brake..etc..I made sure of this because of the BS of "US vs Foreign parts"..Like a foreign brake is more evil than a US one...

Good luck!

jtalbert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Mine had that also-- I used my Dremmel and took the weld off. Mine had nice threads underneath and I put on a cheap slant brake on it. I have since put an AK74 style brake on it-- No sweat either, and the weld on mine was some sort of soft stuff and came off like it was meant to be removed. YMMV though.

PS mine was imported after the ban and is compliant-- ie Tapco double hook trigger, US grip, US gas piston, US brake..etc..I made sure of this because of the BS of "US vs Foreign parts"..Like a foreign brake is more evil than a US one...

Good luck!

hey thank you sir

Top Bottom