• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I bought some of the barrier defeating bullets in .224 diameter. Once they leave the box, you couldn't tell them from any other standard projectile.

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    There is no such thing in the real-world as a "barrier."

With proper planning and equipage, any barrier or obstacle can be rapidly overcome.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    There is no such thing in the real-world as a "barrier."

With proper planning and equipage, any barrier or obstacle can be rapidly overcome.

In the real world we came into contact with multiple real world barriers specifically when shooting through windshields. Thats what these rounds were made for.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Not to argue the point. You had the proper equipage to rapidly defeat the windshields (barriers) and the persons behind them.

My point is that in the world I come from long ago, "barriers" were not absolute, and not considered as part of the threat complex or part of our lexicon: they were simply obstacles to overcome.

Perhaps the language has given to new interpretations of certain words.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Is this what you looking for?????
    as defined in 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(17)(B).
    yep... the mythical cop killer bullets... Those black telfon coated depleted uranium 5.7 rounds are hard to come by :rolleyes:

I used to shoot at 1/4" steel plate with .223 FMJ and I can say without hesitation that those projectiles will slice a perfect hole in steel plate.
    Regular ole 55gr stuff will sail right through mild steel plates. Hardened steel on the other hand will make the bullet disintegrate upon impact. It's all in the materials.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    A question for those of you in the know. Would a bullet described by the manufacturer as a "barrier defeating round" be illegal for us mortal citizens to posses?

I'm going to guess if you can buy it off some website for Joe Schmoe, its likely legal to own.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Did that really happen? Some idiot set up a range in their garage with a mild steel backstop?

No, they shot at an intruder and missed, and then the bullet passed through an ornamental steel plate hanging on his wall, then it travelled the rest of the way was I described. It's a true story....I read about it on the internet.

Top Bottom