• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beefsalad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    I'm not sure if this has been shared already, but I figured I could share the knowledge and hopefully not end up on the wrong end of

Bass Pro changed their carrier, that used to give 3 days notice of shipment. New carrier only gives them 24h notice of arrival. If you want to know when the truck comes in, you can call and ask. Some people will tell you, some will say "I don't know." There's 1 guy that I know will tell you, but I can't remember his name :( I will share it when I know though.
    Gun Zone Deals

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    San Antonio (I10 at The Rim)

I would assume this applies to all Bass Pro locations though.

The same guy you know but don't know his name works at all all locations? Sweet!

Walmart is the same deal. They usually have regulars that keep on top of shipments and as soon as they hit, the swoop in and clean them out. I was told a lot of them are buying to resell at Gun Shows. All I know is that even 1+ years ago you had to be on your game to get ammo from them.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    These are some of the worst kind of people...kind of like child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

They deserve a special hell.

I know that noone wants to hear this, but if Wal-Mart's prices were closer to market, this nonsense would not occur.

Blame the markets, not the scalpers that take advantage of below-market prices.

happy_gopher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Rockwall, Tx
    I call my Basspro(Garland) every morning to check on shipment. Make a friend there and call him alot, you would be surprised the info they will give up.

And I still have got a single primer to load all this damn brass!

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    I posted in another thread, the Walmart in Lewisville at Main and I35 has 5 box limit now. Of course they only had exactly 5 boxes. 3-357 Sig and 2-.44; nothing else but some shotgun and a little rifle.

I have yet to see ammunition other than .22, crappy pistol calibers, and hunting rifle calibers at any of the local wal-marts. Maybe I just need to go before work at ~7 in the morning.

Jazkal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    I have yet to see ammunition other than .22, crappy pistol calibers, and hunting rifle calibers at any of the local wal-marts. Maybe I just need to go before work at ~7 in the morning.
    Walmart gets no notice of when and what kind of ammo they will get in. So the only way to make sure you get any, is either be there at 7 when they put it out on the selves at 7am, or call and ask at 7am and hope no one else buys it before you can get there.

Top Bottom