• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Me and my wife just got home from Bass Pro, I was looking at the rifles and wanted to see what they had in a AR-15 style. He only had one and it was camo. I asked to look at it anyway even though I want to get black. while I was checking it out, I asked if they were going to get any black ones in. He informed me that because they were a hunting type store, they were not allowed to sell "Black assault type rifles". I hadn't heard of that before.
    Guns International

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    When Gander Mountain in Beaumont first opened several years ago they also would not carry "Assault Weapons". After a year or so they had 1 or 2 in glass display cases for sale. Last month when I went in there they probably had over 20 AR's right next to the other rifles.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    I migrated from being a BPS customer for many years to Cabelas almost exclusively for no other reason than they always seemed to have what I wanted. Usually I just bought clothing online. I would not have suspected BPS to cater to any antigun sentiment. I am sure a large portion of thier ammo sales is not hunting related. I won't boycott them because they still cater to the sport, but Cabelas has stores near me and always takes care of me so I will stay loyal to them. It may be worth a letter to their public relations asking them if this is their official policy. Hunters have black rifle needs too. A company that doesn't fully cater to their customer's needs leaves the door open for competion to swoop in and take them away. When I buy a gun at home I try to find a local gun dealer that trades exclusively in guns and build a customer relationship with a person I know by name. As I have moved around a lot I usually ask the local police who they all buy from. Cops know the best gun shops and truckers know the best diners, its a fact of life and a tool of their trade.

LAke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Austin
    the BPS in San Antonio sold/ got rid of their special guns in the show room. its been a while since i have been in. they said there was not enough interest in them.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Years ago, when I was searching for a target rifle, the BPS counterman told me that they didn't have any rifles in .308. I asked if they expected to get any in and he got pissed and said they "don’t sell no damn military calibers!" I quickly left.

It's funny that this came up...not two weeks ago I had thought about that and kinda dreamed up a plan:

I would walk into BPS, well dressed with my wallet at the ready. Begin asking EVERYBODY in the hunting department what their suggestions on the best deer feeders, blinds, ATVs, accessories, etc. were. Then, proceed to make a big drawn out scene as I committed to buying as much expensive hunting stuff as possible, all the best gear I could find. You know, walking through the store with 5 employees pushing carts to collect all the stuff I pulled off the shelf that I thought I would need to turn my dear departed grandpa’s ranch into the ultimate deer camp. After racking up as much of a bill and taking up as much of the managers and employees time as possible, I would stop by the gun counter and tell them I wanted the best scope they had to top the best rifle that they sold in .308. When the employee behind the counter would tell me that they "don’t sell no damn military calibers" I would ask why they would limit their customers on a great cartridge just because the military uses it. After a long conversation about their stance on this issue, I would tell them that I was taking my business elsewhere and walk out, leaving them to deal with the mess I just made all over the store.

I would never do it, it’s a bit childish, but it’s fun to think about. I know it’s their business and they can sell me whatever they want, I can just take my business to someone who isn’t afraid to sell certain rifles. I just wanted them to know that there were large sums of money that these policies were making them lose. I guess I could always just write a letter…

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    you want have any trouble finding 308 at gander mt, the one in tyler has just about anything you want hell they have several thompsons in there for sale if you can't find a black gun to suit you. I don't mind the hour drive from home go there, i never did like bps anyway.

Top Bottom