• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    I recently visited the gun range at the bass pro shops at grapevine mills mall. I don't work there or have any affiliation with them other than a recent gun purchase which needs its own thread.

to be frank, I did do some research online, here and at other websites w opinions and reviews of gun ranges near me. I didn't really want to join a club.

based upon what I saw online, I thought that my 1 hour of range credit would be a waste of time with the "facts" I read:

- confusing old panel for target movement w a keypad
    - dim and or poorly maintained range
    - snappy ass young know it all kid w an attitude
    - full lanes and a wait

honestly, I didn't experience any of that, quite the opposite!

The very-helpful older gentleman behind the counter who was OC, could not have been more pleasant. Range was only about 7 lanes and one other lane was full. Granted I went on a weekday at noon.

i asked if there was a guide to the target system and he said naw, they are easy. Those old keypad systems are gone. "Everything was completely tore out and replaced w all new 2 weeks ago"

sweet! So now you locals near grapevine can get some practice. I thought the range was well lit for my needs. Maybe everyone already knows this and I'm posting yet again to the wrong thread, but seems relevant. At $13 per hour, still seems affordable to the occasional ranger.

thoughts?

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    I forgot to add, I did read the warnings about if your not CC, then you have to go through a needless lock and unlock ceremony to the Range. That might seem relevant to those wanting to jump in and out.

phillmckraken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Not bad, but for a few extra $ I would just go to elm fork and get all day for $18. Of course I personally dislike indoor ranges so that's another factor for me.

Glad to hear they fixed it up, it was quite horrible before.

GMA8877

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2019
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    I recently visited the gun range at the bass pro shops at grapevine mills mall. I don't work there or have any affiliation with them other than a recent gun purchase which needs its own thread.

to be frank, I did do some research online, here and at other websites w opinions and reviews of gun ranges near me. I didn't really want to join a club.

based upon what I saw online, I thought that my 1 hour of range credit would be a waste of time with the "facts" I read:

- confusing old panel for target movement w a keypad
    - dim and or poorly maintained range
    - snappy ass young know it all kid w an attitude
    - full lanes and a wait

honestly, I didn't experience any of that, quite the opposite!

The very-helpful older gentleman behind the counter who was OC, could not have been more pleasant. Range was only about 7 lanes and one other lane was full. Granted I went on a weekday at noon.

i asked if there was a guide to the target system and he said naw, they are easy. Those old keypad systems are gone. "Everything was completely tore out and replaced w all new 2 weeks ago"

sweet! So now you locals near grapevine can get some practice. I thought the range was well lit for my needs. Maybe everyone already knows this and I'm posting yet again to the wrong thread, but seems relevant. At $13 per hour, still seems affordable to the occasional ranger.

thoughts?

GMA8877

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2019
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    I went there after purchasing a handgun from them. They gave me 1 hour free. It was in July. It was uninspiring, hot (no a/c). Targets provided were 8”x 10” and you sweep up after shooting. Price $13 an hour. Much better experience elsewhere for $20 a day.

Top Bottom