Battle Belt?

Six.Eight

Sep 19, 2020
Kileen
Well, I can assemble several belts in various configurations, but for right now I generally rig up a few old purses for easy-access carry on & about the property. I did have a vest, but in my advancing age, it seems to have shrunk dramatically.

flgfish

Aug 16, 2020
The Woodlands
I have a Raptor Tactical belt on the way. It’s going to carry an AR mag, two pistol mags and a pistol. I like the idea of being able to quickly throw it on, and my EDC belts won’t carry that much crap comfortably.

I have no idea what I’d do with a plate carrier except complain that it is hot and heavy.

SureNot

May 18, 2020
Fort Worth
I remember around when I first saw a battle belt. On the surface it appeared to be a painless way to stack more gear onto your person, but when I wore one I hated training with it. The most I'd run on my belt would be an IFAK, and a mid length drop holster. Maybe an extra pistol, and rifle mag, as long they didn't bother me. I'm with Garand Thumb, and Chris Kyle when it comes to my setup. Put it all on the carrier, and leave it off my waist / below.

vmax

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Apr 15, 2013
I need to find a good pistol holster that will fit in my new plate carrier thats molle
Looking for kydex...any suggestions?

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
FLC with big pouches for buckshot. Feeding thors hammer takes volume and I dont have my personal ammo bearer yet.
Here's a pic. Set up for shotgun and handgun as that's my home defense set up. I simply add a M4 shingle or probably just a 6 mag bandoleer if I get one of those again as I sold most everything when I bought my house.
Q++
16022850022761676419540647370671.jpg
1602285084952502511756645798631.jpg

Oh and it's pretty balanced all loaded. The saw pouches can hold 12 gage too and is balanced by a canteen.

But if im.shooting a couple hundred rounds of buck shot balance will be furthest from my mind as bad shit really happens

Harry Buckholts

Rooster
BANNED!!!
Oct 11, 2020
Fulton, Texas
I use a US Marine Corps surplus shoulder rig for my PSA .300 BO. Belt carries 1 canteen, a small drop pouch and one mag pouch on the left. Two mag pouches, a .45 ACP pistol holster and Randall # 1 on the right. If time and desire prevail, I have a Hill People Gear chest rig with two .45 ACP pouches and a USA surplus Pilots Flask pouch. Oh, and a Winkler Spike mollied onto the bottom of the chest rig. Don't laugh, the Zombies are terrible down here on the coast and I think Antifa is training to mix in with 'em.

Rooster

Last edited:

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
Aug 13, 2018
Texas
I moved away from the padded MOLLE belts and went with a High Threat Concealment inner/outer belt combo which I like a WHOLE LOT better. The company I worked for in Kabul issued the HTC belt system with interlinked hard kydex pouches, but I hated the thing, and swapped out my pouches for Blue Force Gear Ten Speed belt mounted pouches, and have been wearing that setup for more than two years now, and it works for just about everything I need my belt rig to do.

Issued HTC setup:
1DCF34D6-FC6C-4FA8-B041-10A3F9EE840D.jpg

HTC belt with BFG and other pouches:
BFG BELT.jpg

With mags and weapon:
HTC BELT.jpg

gll

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2016
I moved away from the padded MOLLE belts and went with a High Threat Concealment inner/outer belt combo which I like a WHOLE LOT better. The company I worked for in Kabul issued the HTC belt system with interlinked hard kydex pouches, but I hated the thing, and swapped out my pouches for Blue Force Gear Ten Speed belt mounted pouches, and have been wearing that setup for more than two years now, and it works for just about everything I need my belt rig to do.

Issued HTC setup:
View attachment 253271
View attachment 253272
With mags and weapon:
View attachment 253273
The narrower, inner/outer belt that works with your pants to both support them and it, but is easy to strip off and carrying a minimal load like yours, with the rest on a plate carrier, if needed, is really the way to go in a battle belt, it seems to me...

CyberWolf

TGT Supporter
Aug 22, 2018
US

Issued HTC setup:
View attachment 253271
View attachment 253272
With mags and weapon:
View attachment 253273
HTC is good stuff!

Looks like that BFG IFAK is much more compact than the one HTC ships with their low-profile system...

If you don't mind, I'm curious about what you didn't like with the kydex, was bulk/chafing one of the factors for swapping out the pouches? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: gll

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man