• ...and so much more!
  • LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW
    Very interesting info.......

To the OP:
    I read the article you linked to where the genuine historian, Dr. Hardin, clarified and expanded on why the Alamo was NOT about whiteness nor was it anywhere close to insignificant.

The Battle for the Alamo had nationwide repercussions and solidified the fight and resolve for Texas independence.

Also, If you're ashamed about UT, you can include Texas A&M and Rice in the pot of shame; Buenger is associated with all 3 "places"...(best I can say about post-high school academia these days)

Consider too that Buenger's comments were made by him to USA Today; not exactly a reputable paper by any means. Ph.D by his name just means "Piled Higher. and Deeper"....and it doesn't make him right.

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    There are many other examples of why I'm ashamed of UT. This just piles it on. I agree, there are also examples to be ashamed of TAMU and Rice.
    Also, If you're ashamed about UT, you can include Texas A&M and Rice in the pot of shame; Buenger is associated with all 3 "places"...(best I can say about post-high school academia these days)

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Probably piles of his book along side Clinton's at BookStop. Lets see, Pancho was Indian, and the Mexican army was predominately Spaniard? And Spain is in Europe where Caucasians come from? Except for the invasion of Muslims from Africa. Plus Mexico was run by France (caucasian IIRC.).
    Yup, another doctoral idiot. So the "whiteness" comes from England, Nordics, Germany and some French. Definitely not Africa! ut wait - the south american indians were originally from China by way of east Russia and Alaska. Hmm. No wonder he is so confused. I'll get my German Wold History prof (3 semesters) to straighten him out.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    ...and it gets worse. He says it represents "Whiteness". I'm ashamed of UT.

The vogue among all the woke culture is to speak of whiteness. It's extra disgusting because we were taught that speaking of black in disparaging terms was wrong. The hypocrisy.

Now we have speakers on the house and senate floor accusing officials and all whites of white supremacy.... I can't wait for 2022 to get them out!!!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    popcorn02.jpeg

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I have a comprehensive set of late 19th century (published post war of northern aggression) history books. I recommend that everyone look around and find a set. Sometime in our future we will need to teach the past as it really happened!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom