• ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Who is playing?
    I just loaded it up yesterday. You had better have a high spec PC, or it will suck. It is a much different world than BF3. Imagine my amazement when I got into a tank battle only to run out of ammo. You only get like 5 rounds! I am not sure how you get more, it may require someone to reload you.
    It took a while to get the joystick working for the helicopter, but it flies very nicely now.
    Wait until you see a skyscraper come crashing down in the middle of the game. the dust storm it causes is pretty intense.
    My first view of the game looked awesome, but the frame rate was so low that it was unplayable. Plan to adjust your graphic settings before proceeding.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I am not sure if it works the same for PC as it does for Xbox, but you should start to replenish shortly after last round is gone.

I have already discovered two issues in the Beta after 2 games. Be careful on the right side of the tower after it falls in the tank, I stopped and the tank sank into the graphics midway, of course it could just be that realistic, not sure. Second thing I found was that a main gun round from the tank would not immediately kill the scout chopper. I got really good at shooting helicopters down on Battlefield 3 while they were flying around. Even managed a few plane kills when they would get low enough.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    They seem to have fixed the tank reloading, It is slow, but much more like BF3 now. You are correct about the helicopter, it used to be a 1 tank shot kill. Now it is multiple shots. The heavy machine gun seems more effective. However there also seems to be an auto extinguisher in the helo. When you badly damage it, the helicopter still manages to regenerate. I suspect that it is to assist new pilots learn the controls during the beta period.
    Taking the elevator to the penthouse to cap a flag is a blast. My comrade who is a sneaky sniper does not like the way that your killer is highlighted. It would be difficult to stay in the same location after a kill and not meet reprisal.
    If anyone knows how the XM-25 airburst system works, I would like to hear it.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    From what I read, the beta was based on year old code. The actual game (available Tuesday) should look better. The beta was just to work out the weapons relative strengths. I noticed the effects change over time. At one time it took 8 RPG hits to kill a tank, but one RPG would kill soldiers in a large radius. The battle damage increased and decreased on various weapons until they found a balance. In the first few days it was almost impossible to kill a helicopter as a pilot, you had ram a building multiple times. By the end it was more like BF3.

Top Bottom