• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yimpyomp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    I have a Colt LT6720R and am wondering if there is such a thing as an adapter bayonet lug? If you look up the gun you will see that there is no fixed front sight post, so no bayonet lug. Does anyone know where I can find one? I've been looking for a while now, and the only thing I've found so far is this
    http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...r-gas-block-lug-sku080000439-26332-50960.aspx
    While looking I've seen some stuff about pre-ban bayonets, but I really don't think that is in Texas. If it is banned for some reason, please tell me. Also, I have a free floating barrel so will putting something on it affect it very much? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    During the Assault Weapons Ban rifles couldn't have a bayonet lug, so thats where your seeing that, since the ban has been lifted for 10 years now and Texas has no AWB, your rifle can have a bayonet attached.

I have seen a clamp on bayonet lug before that clamps on around the barrel. Is there any particular reason you want to have one, or just cause?

yimpyomp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Kind of thought it might be a good addition to a SHTF rifle, and because its just looks cool when you put one on.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I'm unfamiliar with that particular rifle. If it has the M-4 barrel with the notch there is a clamp-on lug that fits in the barrel notch.
    If it is a mid length a standard bayo mount has to be mounted. You may have to change the gas block.

yimpyomp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Not really sure if it has any of that, but this is a picture of it. It has a pencil barrel of that means anything.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390233290.420351.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390233290.420351.jpg
      14.7 KB · Views: 628

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I've been looking for the clamp on type of bayonet lug. CTD used to carry them. I think DPMS made them for a while too. I think they are no longer available, at least I can't find any.

I used one on a 10/22 that I dressed with a Butler Creek stainless Folding stock, heat shield, red dot, bipod, Flash Hider and the bayonet addition really topped it off.....

I like bayonets...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've been looking for the clamp on type of bayonet lug. CTD used to carry them. I think DPMS made them for a while too. I think they are no longer available, at least I can't find any.

I used one on a 10/22 that I dressed with a Butler Creek stainless Folding stock, heat shield, red dot, bipod, Flash Hider and the bayonet addition really topped it off.....

I like bayonets...

LOL, I've noticed.... :laughing:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I have a free floating barrel so will putting something on it affect it very much? Thanks.

Anything you put out there has the potential of affecting the harmonics of the barrel and thus having an effect on the accuracy. Different shooters will notice it to varying levels. Might not be bad enough for you to even worry about.

One thing to consider, get a regular thin barreled AR gas block/sight post pinned on it. You will obviously not need the gas port part, but the lengthened sight radius should help with your accuracy. That will also come with that bayonet lug you want. From the picture it looks like you have enough exposed barrel to do that. As a bonus you can take that other front sight off. Now if you want to run an optic and like the fold down front sight, you can get one of those on the new gas block if you like.

This might be what you need. AR15 Front Sight F Marked

yimpyomp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    So is getting a fixed front sight post the only way? When I got this rifle, I chose it because it didn't have one. I've got an EOTech with a magnifier on it, so will a fixed sight post affect anything else?

Top Bottom