Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anyone in or near Houston who wants to become a member of Bayou Rifles should know that they don't keep a waiting list. You can't sign up and wait for them to contact you. Instead, they open for membership applications at a particular time and close when they have enough applications. The applications tend to close a few minutes after they open.

The next opening for applications will be 4 Mar at 8 PM.

The web site is here. In advance of the opening, go to the site and make sure you read up on the application procedures. It's not something you want to try to figure out after the applications open.

If you want to get into the club, be at your computer at the appointed time and be hitting refresh.

Good luck.
    Texas SOT

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I was just coming here to post the same thing but Ben beat me to it.

From air rifles to 1,000 yards, BRI has a lot to offer.

NewToTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Hm might have to try this. I live 10 min from the Addicks range. Even though they are only open on the weekends, $14 a month is pretty darn cheap.

Been trying to get someone to go half's with me at Athena (their hours and location work good for me) and it would still be about $50 a month.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Hm might have to try this. I live 10 min from the Addicks range. Even though they are only open on the weekends, $14 a month is pretty darn cheap..

As long as you understand what can and cannot be shot at the Addicks range it's great to have close by. It takes me about 20 minutes to drive there and has 98% of what I need in a range so it works really well for me.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Are you allowed to bring a guest?

According to the 2018 rules: Members can have up to six guests with them with no more than two on the firing line at any time.

I've taken up to four guests there at one time and since the range was nearly empty the RSO had no problem with having more than two of them on the line.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Got this email last night.

If you know anyone who wants to join Bayou Rifles, please ask them to go to https://bayourifles.wildapricot.org/Apply-For-Membership at 8:00pm on Sunday, March 7, 2021 and sign up on the waiting list which will open at that time. The only way to become a member is to sign up on the waiting list while it is open. Membership is limited so the waiting list will be closed when enough potential new members have signed up to reach our membership cap. Please know that in previous years’ openings it took only a very short time to reach our limit.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That's a mystery. I'll keep my ears open for any info about what might have happened.

Top Bottom