Join TexasGunTalk

Bayou Rifles memberships

Discussion in 'Houston' started by benenglish, Feb 14, 2018.

1. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Anyone in or near Houston who wants to become a member of Bayou Rifles should know that they don't keep a waiting list. You can't sign up and wait for them to contact you. Instead, they open for membership applications at a particular time and close when they have enough applications. The applications tend to close a few minutes after they open.

The next opening for applications will be 4 Mar at 8 PM.

The web site is here. In advance of the opening, go to the site and make sure you read up on the application procedures. It's not something you want to try to figure out after the applications open.

If you want to get into the club, be at your computer at the appointed time and be hitting refresh.

Good luck.

SQLGeek likes this.
  2. acorneau

acorneau Well-Known

Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I was just coming here to post the same thing but Ben beat me to it.

From air rifles to 1,000 yards, BRI has a lot to offer.

3. NewToTX

NewToTX Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Hm might have to try this. I live 10 min from the Addicks range. Even though they are only open on the weekends, $14 a month is pretty darn cheap.

Been trying to get someone to go half's with me at Athena (their hours and location work good for me) and it would still be about $50 a month.

4. acorneau

acorneau Well-Known

Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    As long as you understand what can and cannot be shot at the Addicks range it's great to have close by. It takes me about 20 minutes to drive there and has 98% of what I need in a range so it works really well for me.

5. NewToTX

NewToTX Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Are you allowed to bring a guest?

6. acorneau

acorneau Well-Known

Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    According to the 2018 rules: Members can have up to six guests with them with no more than two on the firing line at any time.

I've taken up to four guests there at one time and since the range was nearly empty the RSO had no problem with having more than two of them on the line.

7. smschulz

smschulz Paid for CUT TGT Supporter

Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I've tried for years.
    Tired of playing the game.
    Good that they are in demand but not going through this crap anymore.