bbc slammed for debating ugandan gay death bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Dec 16, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Here's a little of how this went over on the other side of the pond. Let's keep the discussion civil, mature, and legal.

LONDON – Politicians are criticizing the BBC for inviting debate on whether homosexuals should face execution in Uganda.

The broadcaster launched an on-line debate over a proposed Ugandan law that would punish some homosexual acts by life imprisonment or death.

BBC's "Africa Have Your Say" Web site asked for people's views on whether Uganda has gone too far and whether there should be any laws against gays.

But several British politicians said Wednesday that the BBC should not treat the execution of gays as a legitimate topic for discussion.

Opposition lawmaker Lynne Featherstone has written to BBC executives seeking an apology and end to the Web discussion. "The BBC are only fanning the flames of hatred as many of the comments demonstrate," she says.

http://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/ap/20091217/twl-eu-britain-uganda-gay-death-penalty-c8e2916.html

2. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    The fact that anyone could consider that as rational is beyond me. Of course it's England, what does Sharia law say about it? England will be the first to fall to the Muslim's.

3. Libertarian

Libertarian New Member

Jul 24, 2008
    This was originally posted on the Libertarian Republican website.

And there is this from the same website.

4. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Man I just can't wrap my head around the Islamic hatred.
    I don't have to condone the acts and or actions but as long as it has no effect on my life do what you please.
    Killing folks because they don't believe the same as you is just wrong and I can't see how any God could forgive such an act.
    I understand the frustration with the AIDS issues in that part of the world but there again, killing gays is not the answer.
    From what i take from the article the issue is again Islamic fundamentalist views.
    For a religion of peace they sure kill and want to kill a lot of people!!!
    Man my tongue hurts from biting it - I hope your happy DC - LOL!!!!;)

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Heck yea I am.

I understand different religions and cultures despise homosexuality. Other cultures embrace it. Personally, I view it as deviant. However, I view a lot of behaviors as deviant.

I don't get a couple of things. How can Pelosi, Clinton (the fat chick), NOW, and DUMBama not be all over these people. Second, I would REFUSE to wear a scarf, not drive, etc., in this $hit hole countries and cultures. But idiots like Pelosi and Clinton don the slave garb while smiling, waving, and filling their pockets.

6. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I agree that homosexuality is deviant behavior and not something God wired wrong in you. I also agree that the woman in that part of the world need to stand up and be counted as human beings and not property.
    As for our Libtards in DC - There is a huge difference between everyday people and politicians. There's also a huge difference between people with real morals and ethics and those that change their morals and ethics with the company they keep.
    The libtards in the back rooms swear that everything that happens in today world was caused by GWB.
    I'm just ranting and blowing off steam because this Muslim fundamentalist mentality piss's me off to no end.

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

I'd like to add the Left Wing Double Standard as well. It is un-American, unconscionable, and unacceptable.

If DUMBama can apologize for America, he needs to press these people TO America.

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So... the German extermination of Jews - Did Hitler go too far? Have your say.

Sarcasm to illustrate the ridiculousness of having a debate about this subject. What debate?

Unintended consequences: Ugandan homosexuals will be able to get asylum in the US and other civilized nations if this law passes.