• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Here's a little of how this went over on the other side of the pond. Let's keep the discussion civil, mature, and legal.

LONDON – Politicians are criticizing the BBC for inviting debate on whether homosexuals should face execution in Uganda.

The broadcaster launched an on-line debate over a proposed Ugandan law that would punish some homosexual acts by life imprisonment or death.

BBC's "Africa Have Your Say" Web site asked for people's views on whether Uganda has gone too far and whether there should be any laws against gays.

But several British politicians said Wednesday that the BBC should not treat the execution of gays as a legitimate topic for discussion.

Opposition lawmaker Lynne Featherstone has written to BBC executives seeking an apology and end to the Web discussion. "The BBC are only fanning the flames of hatred as many of the comments demonstrate," she says.

[URL]http://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/ap/20091217/twl-eu-britain-uganda-gay-death-penalty-c8e2916.html[/URL]
    ARJ Defense ad

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    The fact that anyone could consider that as rational is beyond me. Of course it's England, what does Sharia law say about it? England will be the first to fall to the Muslim's.

Libertarian

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    This was originally posted on the Libertarian Republican website.

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2009

Muslims push Radical Anti-Gay Laws across Sub-Saharan Africa
    Uganda, Rwanda starting to feel Heavy Hand of Muslim Fundamentalism

From Eric Dondero:

Islam is on the rise across Sub-Saharan Africa, including Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and Nigeria. And estimated 9.5 million Muslims now live in Uganda, for example. That is approximately 12.1% of the population (2004 figures). The Muslim dominated Luo Tribe headed by Raila Odinga now has a power sharing arrangement for the first time with the formerly Christian-dominated government of Kenya. Nigeria is suffering from a bloody civil war in its northern region with Muslim Separatists supported by Jihadist groups in Sudan, and Niger.

With the increase in fundamentalist Islam in the region comes an increasing push to institute laws consistent with Sharia. Among these include radical Anti-Homosexuality laws.

Homosexuality is already outlawed in 38 out of 53 African nations, all in Muslim or Muslim-dominated countries. Now Muslim groups are pushing for the sexual identity to be outlawed in countries previously immuned to Islamic domination.

From the Population Institute website:

Nigeria has a similar bill waiting to reach its statute books and already allows the death penalty for homosexuality in northern states, as does Sudan. Burundi criminalised homosexuality in April this year, joining 37 other African nations where gay sex is already illegal. Egypt and Mali are creeping towards criminalization, using morality laws against same-sex couples.
    Rwanda, which suffered from one of the worst genocides in human history in the early 1990s, is the first of these countries to consider completely outlawing Homosexuality.

From Queerty:

On December 16, 2009, the lower house of the Rwandan Parliament will hold its final debate on a draft revision of the penal code that will, for the first time, make homosexuality a crime in Rwanda.
    Neighboring Uganda has followed suit.

CNN reported on December 9 that the Ugandan Parliament is debating severe restrictions on Homosexuals. The "Anti-Homosexuality Bill" includes these provisions:

• Gays and lesbians convicted of having gay sex would be sentenced, at minimum, to life in prison

• People who test positive for HIV may be executed

• Homosexuals who have sex with a minor, or engage in homosexual sex more than once, may also receive the death penalty
    According to CNN:

A leading Muslim cleric, Sheikh Ramathan Shaban Mubajje, has called for gays to be rounded up and banished to an island until they die.
    Also, Sheikh Nsereko Mutumba, the public relations officer of the Uganda Muslim Supreme Council has been quoted as saying:

We believe that Allah created us to multiply and worship him. How will a gay do that? Muslims are aware that homosexuality is a sin and I am sure that the churches also teach that this vice is a sin and unacceptable in any society.
    The International Community has been slow to react. Political sensitivities with its native Muslim population have kept the United Kingdom from denouncing the Ugandan legislation. In the US the Obama administration, through Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is now just beginning to issue mild and carefully worded criticisms.

Ironically, it has been Christians who have been the strongest and quickest in their reactions against the anti-homosexual proposals. A coalition of Christian leaders in the US strongly condemned the actions of the Ugandan Government and issued the following statement:

"Regardless of the diverse theological views of our religious traditions regarding the morality of homosexuality, in our churches, communities and families, we seek to embrace our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters as God's children, worthy of respect and love," the statement read.

And there is this from the same website.

Republican Christian Conservatives strongly condemn Uganda's repressive policies against Gays

Comments from recent days...

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) (ranking member on the House Foreign Affairs Committee):

"I am deeply saddened and troubled that such blatantly ignorant and hate-filled legislation would see the light of day anywhere in today's world. It needs to be stopped in its tracks immediately."

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK):

"Over the past two decades, political, religious, and community leaders in Uganda have united to promote a rare, winning strategy against HIV that addresses the unique and common risks of every segment of society. Sadly, some who oppose Uganda's common sense ABC strategy are using an absurd proposal to execute gays to undermine this coalition and winning strategy...

Officials in Uganda should come to their senses and take whatever steps are necessary to withdraw this proposal that will do nothing but harm a winning strategy that is saving lives."

U.S. Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA):
    "Based on what I’ve been able to learn about the legislation and from the stand point that I’m a born again Christian, I can tell you that I don’t agree with this un-Christian and unjust proposal, and I hope the Ugandan officials dismiss it..."

Christian Pastor Rick Warren:

The potential law is unjust, extreme and un-Christian toward homosexuals...

ALL life, no matter how humble or broken, whether unborn or dying, is precious to God. My wife, Kay, and I have devoted our lives and our ministry to saving the lives of people, including homosexuals, who are HIV positive. It would be inconsistent to save some lives and wish death on others. We're not just pro-life. We are whole life."

"Finally, the freedom to make moral choices and our right to free expression are gifts endowed by God. Uganda is a democratic country with remarkable and wise people, and in a democracy everyone has a right to speak up. For these reasons, I urge you, the pastors of Uganda, to speak out against the proposed law."

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Man I just can't wrap my head around the Islamic hatred.
    I don't have to condone the acts and or actions but as long as it has no effect on my life do what you please.
    Killing folks because they don't believe the same as you is just wrong and I can't see how any God could forgive such an act.
    I understand the frustration with the AIDS issues in that part of the world but there again, killing gays is not the answer.
    From what i take from the article the issue is again Islamic fundamentalist views.
    For a religion of peace they sure kill and want to kill a lot of people!!!
    Man my tongue hurts from biting it - I hope your happy DC - LOL!!!!;)

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Man my tongue hurts from biting it - I hope your happy DC - LOL!!!!;)

Heck yea I am.

I understand different religions and cultures despise homosexuality. Other cultures embrace it. Personally, I view it as deviant. However, I view a lot of behaviors as deviant.

I don't get a couple of things. How can Pelosi, Clinton (the fat chick), NOW, and DUMBama not be all over these people. Second, I would REFUSE to wear a scarf, not drive, etc., in this $hit hole countries and cultures. But idiots like Pelosi and Clinton don the slave garb while smiling, waving, and filling their pockets.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Heck yea I am.

I understand different religions and cultures despise homosexuality. Other cultures embrace it. Personally, I view it as deviant. However, I view a lot of behaviors as deviant.

I don't get a couple of things. How can Pelosi, Clinton (the fat chick), NOW, and DUMBama not be all over these people. Second, I would REFUSE to wear a scarf, not drive, etc., in this $hit hole countries and cultures. But idiots like Pelosi and Clinton don the slave garb while smiling, waving, and filling their pockets.

I agree that homosexuality is deviant behavior and not something God wired wrong in you. I also agree that the woman in that part of the world need to stand up and be counted as human beings and not property.
    As for our Libtards in DC - There is a huge difference between everyday people and politicians. There's also a huge difference between people with real morals and ethics and those that change their morals and ethics with the company they keep.
    The libtards in the back rooms swear that everything that happens in today world was caused by GWB.
    I'm just ranting and blowing off steam because this Muslim fundamentalist mentality piss's me off to no end.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'm just ranting and blowing off steam because this Muslim fundamentalist mentality piss's me off to no end.

I'd like to add the Left Wing Double Standard as well. It is un-American, unconscionable, and unacceptable.

If DUMBama can apologize for America, he needs to press these people TO America.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So... the German extermination of Jews - Did Hitler go too far? Have your say.

Sarcasm to illustrate the ridiculousness of having a debate about this subject. What debate?

Unintended consequences: Ugandan homosexuals will be able to get asylum in the US and other civilized nations if this law passes.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom