• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    I hope this is ok to post here. if its not, mod's please take care of this thread, totally understandable if its against rules.

The family at Shiloh Indoor range will be hosting a BBQ sort of meet and greet at their range on saturday, 4/26/2008, its going to be an all day event. The guys at S.T.I (yes, the custom 1911 company, lol) will also be there showing off a few 1911s making you beg your wife (or mother, lol) to let you get one. There will be a lot of shooting, and if you decide to get a STI or get permission, they will be taking orders on site.

This was original meant for the people over at TexasCHLforum, but i've shared interest with Jeff to expand it to Texas Gun Talk as well and he thought it was a wonderful idea, so i am here inviting you guys to come out, eat some food, socialize, hang out, and best of all, shoot some paper!!!

(feel free to bring anything you would like to offer or feel could be of some use, and wives are invited as well.)

more information here.

http://shilohshooting.net/
    12703 Shiloh Church Rd
    Houston, Tx 77066 | 281.520.1038
    ARJ Defense ad

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Rats! The first get together for Houston members of TGT and I'm going to be out of town. Hopefully I will be able to make the next one.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    at every shooting range, or event for that matter, there are always those who love to talk, im sure you'll get your questions answered one way or another. lol.

and Alan, if you own a bike, you should RIDE down.... ok maybe not but the guys at Shiloh are riders.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    at every shooting range, or event for that matter, there are always those who love to talk, im sure you'll get your questions answered one way or another. lol.

and Alan, if you own a bike, you should RIDE down.... ok maybe not but the guys at Shiloh are riders.

I can't drive or ride due to a medical condition. I have to lay in the back of a car. It looks like I'll be coming along anyways. I never miss free BBQ :P

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Would I be allowed to bring any neat NFA samples

We just picked up a DSArms B&T subgun and have some other neat toys in pistol caliber. Are suppressors and subguns allowed at Shiloh in general, on this day?

Chris

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i do not see why supressors wouldnt be ok, as far as subguns, i'll ask jeff or better yet feel free to give them a call, maybe a few guys at talon arms can come out as well and ask any general NFA questions people might have.
    281.520.1038, ask for Jeff, tell him you read about the bbq on texasguntalk and ask him whatever questions you have. they open at 10am today.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Mmmmmmm, subguns. ;) Sounds like this will turn out to be a great event. I finally shot a class III mp5 at Bullet Hole in San Antonio a couple weeks ago. Ever since then I've been drooling for more f/a fun!

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i shot a full mp5 in vegas at the gun store the last time i went. hit off the 4th of july the right way with 100 rnds down range!!! but i was only allowed to do burst, they didnt let me rip it til the last 25 rnds. :( but $60 well spent! lol.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    CT trip

I'm having to go to the East Coast the week of the 26th but have every intention of being back in town for the shoot. I would appreciate if someone would talk to the folks at shiloh and get permission to bring silencers and subguns.

I am as concerned about liability as they must be and plan to be safe. :) When we get to know each other we can visit the Impact Zone and do some high speed drills.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Good news

Sounds like Shiloh is allowing leeway to shoot a couple of the subguns. If you plan to try the MP5 or Mac11 bring name brand ammo such as Winchester, Federal or Remington or better yet buy it from the nice folks at Shiloh range.

Regards,
    Chris

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    What's the time of this, will it just be going on all during business hours that day?

I'm committed mid-day, but would head right up there afterwards if I'm not to late.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Yes as chris stated, Shiloh does carry monarch green box ammo in a variety of calibers.

and it will be all day saturday the 26th, there will be a CHL class going on that day as well, so try to carpool if you can, if not there is plenty of parking.

i will be there bright eye early since well its going to be a FAN-f'in-TASTIC DAY! lol.

Top Bottom