BBQ

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
I've lately been getting into outdoor grilling, and I'd love to get into BBQ. I got an Uncle and Grandfather that can cook a MEAN brisket. Post up your grilling / BBQ rigs and let loose the recipes / techniques.

Also if you got a favorite BBQ joint, post it up.

I'd say for sausage Kreuz's Market in Lockhart has the entire world beat.

300shooter

Mar 6, 2008
Fargo,ND
Zimmerhanzal's Smithville for all types of Meat and hte sides are great to boot.

Blacks BBQ in Lockhart also.

Billy's BBQ Bastrop

meyers in Elgin

as you can see I lived and worked Bastrop county .

ReVrEnD_0341

Feb 22, 2008
Austin, TX
When grillin up some burgers, I like to grab some KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce and mix it in with the meat real good. It will make an already scrumptious deer burger even better. I also refuse to use propane. Charcol or wood is the way to go.

300shooter

Mar 6, 2008
Fargo,ND
Ok here is the only picture of my Pit I have and its from th guy who biult it , Its a Gator pit out of Houston . its a great pit for everything .

Falcon_One.jpg

when i get home ,I will get a few other Pic's of it

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
Feb 29, 2008
DFW area.....Wylie.
Ride Texas Magazine

Per the readers of Ride Texas (motorcycle magazine), below are the 10 best BBQ joints in Texas. Bikers know BBQ.

#1 Coopers in Llano
#2 Hard 8 in Stephenville
#3 City Market in Luling
#4 Rudy's Country Store in Austin
#5 Salt Lick in Driftwood
#6 Clarks in Tioga
#7 Mt Zion Baptist Church in Huntsville
#8 Dickey's in Plano (it's a chain...not sure how it got to #8)
#9 Goode Co in Houston
#10 Kreuze in Lockhart

My tip for grilling steaks: Okay, first...trust me, it sounds crazy, try it...put a thin layer of JKC Jalepeno Ketchup over the entire steak before grilling to your preferred doneness. It adds some great flavor....everyone loves it and asks what I put on them.

carneyman

Feb 23, 2008
Tyler
I've got this shake that this guy makes back in Dalhart. Not sure what all he puts in it, but it goes great on everything. I use it as a rub when I do steaks and it makes hamburgers taste pretty good. I've got a grill/smoker my dad made for me one christmas that has an attachment for my truck. Makes a great camping companion.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members