• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I've lately been getting into outdoor grilling, and I'd love to get into BBQ. I got an Uncle and Grandfather that can cook a MEAN brisket. Post up your grilling / BBQ rigs and let loose the recipes / techniques.

Also if you got a favorite BBQ joint, post it up.

I'd say for sausage Kreuz's Market in Lockhart has the entire world beat.
    ARJ Defense ad

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    Zimmerhanzal's Smithville for all types of Meat and hte sides are great to boot.

Blacks BBQ in Lockhart also.

Billy's BBQ Bastrop

meyers in Elgin

as you can see I lived and worked Bastrop county .

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    When grillin up some burgers, I like to grab some KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce and mix it in with the meat real good. It will make an already scrumptious deer burger even better. I also refuse to use propane. Charcol or wood is the way to go.

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    Ok here is the only picture of my Pit I have and its from th guy who biult it , Its a Gator pit out of Houston . its a great pit for everything .

Falcon_One.jpg

when i get home ,I will get a few other Pic's of it

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Ride Texas Magazine

Per the readers of Ride Texas (motorcycle magazine), below are the 10 best BBQ joints in Texas. Bikers know BBQ.

#1 Coopers in Llano
    #2 Hard 8 in Stephenville
    #3 City Market in Luling
    #4 Rudy's Country Store in Austin
    #5 Salt Lick in Driftwood
    #6 Clarks in Tioga
    #7 Mt Zion Baptist Church in Huntsville
    #8 Dickey's in Plano (it's a chain...not sure how it got to #8)
    #9 Goode Co in Houston
    #10 Kreuze in Lockhart

My tip for grilling steaks: Okay, first...trust me, it sounds crazy, try it...put a thin layer of JKC Jalepeno Ketchup over the entire steak before grilling to your preferred doneness. It adds some great flavor....everyone loves it and asks what I put on them.

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    I've got this shake that this guy makes back in Dalhart. Not sure what all he puts in it, but it goes great on everything. I use it as a rub when I do steaks and it makes hamburgers taste pretty good. I've got a grill/smoker my dad made for me one christmas that has an attachment for my truck. Makes a great camping companion.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Some of the best BBQ places are these out of the way hole-in-the-wall joints.

My experience with such places is that they are either really GOOD or really BAD. Why is it I seem to hit the really bad more often? We ran across a great barbecue place in the little town of Sweetwater some years back. Meat, potato salad, beans, and bread were all great. We stopped by a couple of years later for some more good barbecue and couldn't find the place again. Don't know if we were lost or the place had been demolished.

Austin Cowart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Lumberton Texas
    Great BBQ

West Texas BBQ in Silsbee TX everything from scratch and free bananna pudding on thursdays but get there before 12 or its all gone! the pies are fantastic as well. Ill get a few shots of my new BBQ rig tommorow.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Speaking of good BBQ, I've been messing with the guys on the Carolina shooters forum I go on about BBQ. They actually told me to come back to NC sometime for some real BBQ.:eek: I told them out of the 12 years I spent in NC I never had real BBQ.....real BBQ is beef not the pork stuff they pass off in NC. :D

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Speaking of good BBQ, I've been messing with the guys on the Carolina shooters forum I go on about BBQ. They actually told me to come back to NC sometime for some real BBQ.:eek: I told them out of the 12 years I spent in NC I never had real BBQ.....real BBQ is beef not the pork stuff they pass off in NC. :D

If it doesn't moo it's not BBQ! ... I just came up with that.

You know what I find about the foreigner BBQ? They all focus on their sauces... real good BBQ doesn't need a sauce to be good. The good stuff is so good that you'd punch your doctor if he told you you'd need to come off of it. The good stuff has rehab centers commonly called Gold's Gym.

You're not running 2 miles to lose weight, you're running 2 miles to unclog the arteries for another week of brisket binge eating.

Top Bottom