• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I had a bit of a fall today. I was in town so I decided to trim trees off the roof and hang Christmas lights early. It began raining and footing became slippery. I fell from about 5’ and landed chest first on my fence. My wife insisted I go get X-rays to make sure I didn’t crack a rib. I wasn’t very enthused since it’s not the first time I’ve busted up my ribs before but luckily nothing is fractured.
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• E6968CE4-91F8-404B-9834-E8164BE46D09.jpeg
      E6968CE4-91F8-404B-9834-E8164BE46D09.jpeg
      266.6 KB · Views: 68
    • 8E9D2BE9-6B38-453C-88A4-F706E07E267B.jpeg
      8E9D2BE9-6B38-453C-88A4-F706E07E267B.jpeg
      248.9 KB · Views: 73

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Guys are guys, always trying to prove they can do something. Ask any woman who has observed that since a little girl. I only say this because in my twilight years I remember all the times I did stuff that were big OOPS and lucky to have survived. And still see younger relatives, even sons and friends who I have to tell "put it back in your pants, you're not impressing anyone, dude". Usually pisses them off but don't care. I then have the chance to explain the stupidity of what they were fixin' to do....

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Guys are guys, always trying to prove they can do something. Ask any woman who has observed that since a little girl. I only say this because in my twilight years I remember all the times I did stuff that were big OOPS and lucky to have survived. And still see younger relatives, even sons and friends who I have to tell "put it back in your pants, you're not impressing anyone, dude". Usually pisses them off but don't care. I then have the chance to explain the stupidity of what they were fixin' to do....
    Hold my beer and watch this....

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Risk/Cost analysis.

I paid an electrician $75 to install a a replacement LED security (dusk to dawn) security fixture I bought ($25). It’s 10ft high on a pole down by the pond.

I’ve done it plenty of times before, but at my age, it’s cheaper than a visit to the ER!

Glad you are ok. When that hair on your chest is gray, you’ll learn to hire somebody to do it.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I’ve handled this many times before in years past. Once it began to rain, I started rushing and I paid the price. Fortunately it wasn’t a heavier price paid. I don’t get a lot of time at home so I was determined to finish the job in the rain. This is a lesson I can pass on to my boys.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    My Mom was about 65 when she decided to go up on the roof to clear some downed willow branches. ( we had an agreement she would never go on the roof). A large branch snapped back at her, hit her on the head and she did a complete summersalt fell 10 ‘ to the ground and landed on her feet ( she has always been athletic…..and this time lucky too) . She walked away with a small knot on her forehead.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    My Mom was about 65 when she decided to go up on the roof to clear some downed willow branches. ( we had an agreement she would never go on the roof). A large branch snapped back at her, hit her on the head and she did a complete summersalt fell 10 ‘ to the ground and landed on her feet ( she has always been athletic…..and this time lucky too) . She walked away with a small knot on her forehead.
    Very lucky!

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Glad you're okay and I'm sure you're sore today. I don't do roofs anymore at my age. I remember jumping off roofs in my youth but considering the cat & dog caused me to trip and fall off a 10" patio drop onto pavestone and rock recently, walking can be dangerous as you near senior citizen age. I was more banged up due to my thin skin, another size effect of getting older.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Had a cape cod style house, wanted to clean the chimney. Get up on the roof, couldn't get down. I'm banging on the roof to get my wife's attention, yelling for help. Finally she came out, she said she heard the banging and thought I was hammering. Next time I tied a rope around the chimney, didn't help much. After that I started cleaning from the inside up, a little messier but safer.

Top Bottom