Be Careful Out There Guys- Lawn Mower Death

gdr_11

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 1, 2014
With the grass growing faster than the national debt, we are all spending way too much time mowing. No real details, but evidently this was a rollover and the roll bar was in the down position.

• Sad
Reactions: gll

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
My guess too; each brand is different but i have seen a few tip up on inclines. Once those uphill wheels leave the ground ut is easy to pull/push the levers the wrong way and complete the rollover.

And if he was mowing sideways on an incline, the tires could have dropped into a rut or hole and caused it to turn over as well.

gdr_11

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 1, 2014
In any case, just sad. In my life I have seen way too many lives and limbs lost in construction, farm, industrial and maintenance work. All of them preventable and each one a damn shame. I hated going out to see the family after, but it was part of the job that I sure don’t miss.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
Not a fan of zero turns. If you have flat ground they are fine. I’m also not a fan of folks not reading or getting to know their equipment. Don’t respect equipment pay the price.

And I'll add this as well. Zero-turn mowers are quite a bit faster than the traditional riding mower, so that extra speed can get a person into trouble a lot quicker and get them hurt or killed.

Top Bottom