• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    I'm posting from the ER tonight me and a friend were slammed into by a drunk driver. Both cars. Were totaled and three others are here with me. So be careful always keep that belt on and be prepared for the worse.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    everything's all good we got out a little bit ago. a few thousand in doctor bills and some bad body aches but we're fine now.
    the other driver was charged with a few things and i think one of his passengers was taken to jail. hopefully his insurance doesnt put up much of a fight and were able to settle in a reasonable amount of time.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Don't settle too quickly. Make sure you are going to heal without problems. A friend of mine was hit by an 18 wheeler on I-45 last year. 6 months later, he is just now getting back to work after back surgery. His wife had just been layed off before the accident. The police even gave him a hard time about giving his pistol back to him. His lawyer took care of the pistol and all of his bills so far. I'm sure it will be settled soon, but he has ran up about 120k in medical bills. I hope you guys fare better.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    yeah yeah hopefully no phantom pains come or anything
    they did ct scans and xrays and stuff and we just had a bunch of torn muscles and bruises and my head smacked the roof and they said i might of had a small concussion.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As the others have said, don't be in a hurry to settle....but don't say the "Attorney" word unless you're ready to retain one. Most insurance companies will immediately stop talking with you if you say "I have an attorney...." In MOST cases, if you're being reasonable, they will be too. Also - whose car were you in? They MAY have coverage that will kick in for ya'll immediately, and go after the other guy later. All you really want is the path of least resistance. You see all these TV ads about how "Attorney Xyz treated me with RESPECT, and got me what I had coming!" What most of 'em DON'T say is that the same deal can often be arrived at WITHOUT an attorney, as long as you remain calm and patient. You don't have to roll over and play dead for 'em, but don't come off too strong either - you'll usually end up ahead of the game. Plenty of time to retain an attorney later. You may want to have one review anything you've been asked to sign to protect any future claims, but don't offer 'em a percentage - just pay 'em straight hourly (if you need to) until you decide you need 'em - and stay away from the ones that advertise all over the place! Ask around with friends, etc....

Drs2288

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Hope you turn out ok! Man wreck settlements can take forever! my dad was rear ended about a year and a half ago and attorney says he is still waiting on the insurance to get back to him!

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    Should my driving record affect the insurance claim. I've had like 8 tickets in my life and was worried it might stop the insurance from paying up.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I hope you're doing okay man. I hope the DWI driver got beat up the worst! My Grandparents were killed by a drunk driver. Sue the ever loving shit out of them and ask the DA to push for the maximum penalty under the law.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom