BEDLINERS FOR PICKUPS

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
I'm from Phoenix. You can push a pencil in asphalt in the summer at times.

You see two groves in the roads all over. I wondered what those were till I watched a tire blow and the rim went 4 inches into the hit asphalt and the car was uncontrollable.

3rd degree burns on skin cause your flip flops fell off is common.

leVieux

Old Guy "Lost my guns in move to nursing home."
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 28, 2013
Saint Martinville, LA
I hear you on the heat factor in summer, but I choose black because anything light will look like crap in time.

I like to put a sheet of plywood in my truck bed for a flat surface. That solves the heat issue for me.

"anything light will look like crap in time"

No actually not. I'm driving one now which had the ScorpionKote applied by the Chevy Dealer in Brownsville when it was new in 2001. The tan looks great, still. The other went 10 years, and looked great when I sold the pickup.

leVieux

leVieux

Old Guy "Lost my guns in move to nursing home."
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 28, 2013
Saint Martinville, LA
I've worked out my truck for a living for many years and have a black sprayed on bed liner. Even on the hottest days in Texas I've never felt any heat in my bed. It most definitely will not burn you.

Well, I've been burned by one in the July sunlight. Jump-in barefoot and see !

no2gates

Defund Gun Control !
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
Back in '99, I bought a new Tacoma 4x4 and then got some Herculiner and did it myself. It was a lot of work to prep it, but it looked damn good. I think I paid just under $100 for it back then.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Lost
Spray bed-liners were for the purpose of trying to minimize damage to the interior of the truck bed, and to help prevent rusting of the seams of the bed. Added benefit, things won't slide around as much either.

Somewhere along the line some years ago, someone decided that something that was practical needed to be cosmetic, so they started adding all sorts of color options, so people could color-coordinate the interior color of the bed with the rest of the truck. I suspect from my observations, that most of those people, don't even know what a truck is suppose to be used for in the first place. The same ones that put lift kits and big tires on their trucks, but never take them off the road.

Grumps21

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Apr 28, 2021
Houston
Spray bed-liners were for the purpose of trying to minimize damage to the interior of the truck bed, and to help prevent rusting of the seams of the bed. Added benefit, things won't slide around as much either.

Somewhere along the line some years ago, someone decided that something that was practical needed to be cosmetic, so they started adding all sorts of color options, so people could color-coordinate the interior color of the bed with the rest of the truck. I suspect from my observations, that most of those people, don't even know what a truck is suppose to be used for in the first place. The same ones that put lift kits and big tires on their trucks, but never take them off the road.
Ya I see these lifted 3/4 ton 4x4s running around Houston. The truck has to be at least $60k in stock form + another $5-7k in wheels tires and lift kits. Looks like they have never been off road. Spotless. I mean, these guys who get the diesels and put these monstrously large ties on them actually probably have less rear wheel torque than my F150 with a 5.0. I really just don’t see the point. Nobody who actually works a truck does that kind of stuff. I digress

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Lost
Ya I see these lifted 3/4 ton 4x4s running around Houston. The truck has to be at least $60k in stock form + another $5-7k in wheels tires and lift kits. Looks like they have never been off road. Spotless. I mean, these guys who get the diesels and put these monstrously large ties on them actually probably have less rear wheel torque than my F150 with a 5.0. I really just don’t see the point. Nobody who actually works a truck does that kind of stuff. I digress
I have owned several lifted trucks with big tires to get down muddy oil-field lease roads to make service calls. One of the reasons I hate mud with a passion, and never could appreciate the fun of recreational mudding. All those times I got stuck in the mud, it usually was wet, muddy and cold. I always set up my trucks for work, not pleasure. Lift kits and bigger tires for me also equalled higher operating costs of my trucks and more maintenance costs. 35" and 37" tires ain't cheap!

Top Bottom