• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My 5yr old got stung on his hand (again) and it looks like Popeyes forearm. He has a great sense of humor, because when I started swelling, he said "great, now I cant do anything for 3 days."

Ya'll know any good remedies to help reduce the swelling? Right now he is just using ice packs. As a kid my mom used tobacco or bleach to help. I guess he might be a little allergic because its big, red and hot.

Yes he'll be fine and it'll run the course. Was just hoping for a little relief.
    Capitol Armory ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Baking soda helps. I am allergic to yellow jackets. I got the popeye forearm thing happening when it happens. Benedryl helped.

Bees are not a problem. Pull the stinger out and move on, maybe a Benedryl but usually not.

Red wasps not allergic, but baking soda and ice. But it still hurts like hell.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    If you use a credit card or your ID & scrape it across the sting, it should pull the stinger out. The kiddo got hit 3 times on the hand Friday night. Wife scraped it with a credit card, then broke a cigarette open, put the tobacco on a wet paper towel, them held it on the sting. Then a dose of benadryl. Was all better the next day.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go to an Urgent Care Clinic... like now.

They can provide you with Epinephrine or other Antihistamines pretty quickly.
    IMO, if the arm looks like "Popey's", there is definitely some sense of urgency here.
    Thanks for caring, man. OK, it's not like popeye.... he just gets a good amount of swelling. Plus it itches and that makes it swell more. I was like that as a kid.

But, I do have my eye on him for if he ever gets stung in a location that could be life threating.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks for caring, man. OK, it's not like popeye.... he just gets a good amount of swelling. Plus it itches and that makes it swell more. I was like that as a kid.

But, I do have my eye on him for if he ever gets stung in a location that could be life threating.
    Here's the thing. He's allergic to bee stings. So he gets stung on the arm or leg... no biggy, Maybe...

He gets stung on the neck..... he's got a problem. I don't often tell people what they NEED to do, .... But, you need to go to the Dr. and find out from him what to do. You need to have Benadryl on hand and probably an Epipen too.

I used to keep bees, got stung all the time. Then one day, boom, swoll up like a balloon. Arm, leg, hand, and I'm taking Benadryl right now. Stung on the neck or head and it's Benadryl and a trip to the ER right then.

That type of swelling in the neck will cut off air and circulation and without help or the two things I mentioned, there won't be a damn thing you can do about it... It really is serious.

Don't take my word for it, You should get medical advice on this.

Alan

Top Bottom