• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Hour and a half of smoke just foiled them. Aiming for 200 degrees. Had a small piece with my burgers that I over cooked.
    8E4B3288-84DD-47D4-9673-9F6B43D43DDA.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You never had a barbacoa taco? The small piece that I had was pretty tasty, nice bark, good seasoning & smoked flavor.

That was before I put the rest in foil. I hope in the foil they broke down the marble in the meat making them juicy.

Normally beef cheeks are slow cooked like pot roast. The truest form done in a pit in the ground doing the whole beef head.

This should slice better than shred. I cooked for taco’s, but might try it with eggs for breakfast.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Thanks, but sadly I'm no where near Mexia...but SWMBO is heading to HEB today and who knows, maybe they carry em and she's just never noticed...we'll see.

The one thing they do carry is lamb which is one of my favorite meats and used to (no longer) carry beef tongue, which if cooked properly is most excellent!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Thanks, but sadly I'm no where near Mexia...but SWMBO is heading to HEB today and who knows, maybe they carry em and she's just never noticed...we'll see.

The one thing they do carry is lamb which is one of my favorite meats and used to (no longer) carry beef tongue, which if cooked properly is most excellent!
    Have her ask. Could be they have it in the walk in freezer because the demand not there for it on display. I was looking for some lamb myself & didn't see any, If there's no lamb out for easter, it tells me no one buys it. Lamb is stupidly priced!

I was hoping to see ducks too, but we have only been there 3 times.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    B,

Thanks for the tip on asking the HEB meat guys if they have beef cheeks in the freezer.

We used to buy a huge leg o'lamb from Sam's not that many years ago for $3.50 a lb. which now sells for $11.00 a lb. at HEB.

Sams is even higher per lb. now for lamb.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    B,

Thanks for the tip on asking the HEB meat guys if they have beef cheeks in the freezer.

We used to buy a huge leg o'lamb from Sam's not that many years ago for $3.50 a lb. which now sells for $11.00 a lb. at HEB.

Sams is even higher per lb. now for lamb.
    Reality is we are in beef county. The fueds of sheep herds and cattleman are as old as the west.

Domestic lamb is much higher than imported. Domestic lamb is bigger and has more fat on it. Flavor wise most people prefer domestic.

Lamb shanks & breast are the cheapest in cost. I would not hesitate in smoking some shanks even knowing that braised is the norm. Stuffed lamb burgers rock!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom