• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Those of you that drink beer. What's in your fridge?

I'm partial to the Shiner offerings... Shiner Bock is an all time favorite. Shiner Black Lager isn't bad. Shiner Blonde...OK

Fosters and Dos Equis have been known to sneak in as well.

Can't say I am a big fan of the normal commercial American offerings but I'll down one with a friend in the driveway anytime.

How about you guys?
    DK Firearms

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I have 1 Warsteiner lager in the fridge at the moment.

I like Bass Ale, Dos Equis, Chimay Red, Young's Oatmeal Stout, Guiness, etc. I like a wide variety of beers, but I'm not big on strong hops beers.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I seem to gravitate to the German inspired beers brewed in Texas and Mexico. Most of the good ones were recipes brought over here by German immigrants. I'm always willing to try new stuff... Like that variety of "interesting" stuff you brought down one night.

Uh... yeah. :eek:

Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    You've gone out of your way to bring up two of my favorite topics. Guns and beer. I'll leave the other two for your imagination.

Best beer: Free

Cheap Beer: Keystone light is the same as Coors light with generic pricing.

Good substitute: I call it "PMC" or "Poor Man's Corona" Take Miller MGD and add lime. You can't tell the difference. (salt the rim)

Now, the good stuff. Shiner variety pack in the frig now. Really prefer micro brews. Fosters is my backup for all occasions.

Guiness is best in Ireland. Ask what time the keg was tapped. They won't be offended. Must be fresh. Also, a good "Black and Tan" Guiness with Bass.

Did you really want to know that much?

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks for reminding me that I need to get to the store to buy more!

Right now in my fridge I have Shiner Blonde and Negra Modelo but only a few of each.

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Right now I have coors, shiner bock, shiner hefewiezen, apricot wiezen, and tequiza (sp?) in my beer fridge. I like a lot of the shiners, ziegen is alright, coors/keystone for cheap, and almost anything when its free. Miller gives me a headache.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I became a fan of Ziegen in 29 Palms. Somehow the CG there had the hookup, and had it stocked at the 7 day on base. "Alittle taste of home."

I can't ingest anything that has the nickname of "the silver bullet". Just can't get around the fact that they call thermometer that go in your anus a silver bullet.

Usually I have some form of Dogfish Head, Guiness, Ziegen, or lovely Chimay Red in the fridge.

I agree with Hobie though. Guiness in the US aint Guiness. Ireland is where its best.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Shiner seems to be a common thread here. I'm with peacekeeper on the silver bullet... If I wanted soured water I'd drink soured water. Much like a lot of the other mass marketed products in this country, the beer giants generally suck.

Any wine drinkers out there?

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Shiner seems to be a common thread here. I'm with peacekeeper on the silver bullet... If I wanted soured water I'd drink soured water. Much like a lot of the other mass marketed products in this country, the beer giants generally suck.

Any wine drinkers out there?

Only if its wet. Can't stand dry wine. White zinfandel mostly because its cheap. Tried a plum wine at a Japenese steak house in Lufkin, it was pretty good.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Only if its wet. Can't stand dry wine. White zinfandel mostly because its cheap. Tried a plum wine at a Japenese steak house in Lufkin, it was pretty good.
    I'm fond of BillyGoat Hill Chardonnay from Australia or Le Grand Noir Chardonnay - Viognier from France myself. Not too sweet but quite tasty.

Not exactly opposed to Captain Morgan or Schmirnoff either come to think of it!

WTF?

drricktx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    San Marcos, TX
    Beer, Bait and Ammo..No place like Texas

I'm partial to drinking OPB.....that's Other People's Beer!!:D I'm not at all fond of the dark, heavy beers..but other than that...never met a beer I didn't like.

A patient of mine just brought me a 6 pack of Spotted Cow Beer from a local brewery in Wisconson. That stuff is good!! Too bad it's not available down here.

I like the red wines...merlot, cabernet, etc. Sam's club has the large bottles of Yellowtail Shiraz for $9.89. Hard to beat!! Smoking Loon is another low priced, high quality wine....anything more than $10 a bottle would be totally wasted on me.

In fract...Im drunking sum as I tipe thish.

ambidextrous1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have Beck's in the fridge today; that's my favorite.

I like to drink Watney's Red Label on ocassion, for variety,

When neither of these is available, I'll drink Heinekin or (surprisingly) Tecate.

I avoid the USA mass-marketed stuff labeled as beer: All Bud, all Miller, etc. A rew decades ago, Michelob was a top-notch beer; today, it's insipid and bland.

Maybe it's a genetic defect, but I have difficulty identifying and reason to drink Shiner - except that it's made in Texas.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I had my first chocolate stout the other day. It was different and I wouldn't mind drinking one again. I don't think I'd buy a 12-pack of it, but it wasn't bad.

TexasT/A

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Amarillo
    My new favorite is Rogue Dead Guy Ale, but so far I haven't seen it anywhere but World Market :(

Coors Light and Shiner are my go-to beers though.

Formula-95

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    my every day beer would have to be Budweiser, Bud Ice, and if i have to Bud Light.
    I've recently been trying the different Samuel Adams brews and I've found so far they are all pretty damn good!
    when i get the opportunity (whenever someone goes on post to a class six) i like Franziskaner Hefe Weizen Dunkel. Delicious!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom