• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry for the late notice, but the Beethoven Maennerchor here in San Antonio is having its annual Kristkindlmarkt (Christmas market) tomorrow (Saturday, 3 December) from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. ...

A traditional German Christmas Outdoor Market with Hand Crafted Gifts, Imported German Items, Clothing, Crafts, Jewelry, Floral Arrangements, Decorations, Pottery, Baskets, Ornaments, Quilts & More...

Come savor and enjoy the German Christmas atmosphere, foods, beverages, music, entertainment, shopping...the "Gemuetlichkeit" of the holiday season. A special visit from Nikolaus (Santa Claus) for Children of all ages. Free Admission. Delicious food will be available including Erbsensuppe (Split Pea Soup), Bratwurst mit Sauerkraut, Pretzels, Kaffee und Kuchen, Gluehwein (warm spiced wine), bier and Heisse und Kalte Getraenke.

Located at 422 Pereida St., San Antonio, TX 78210, it will a lot of fun with a taste of German culture that surrounds this holiday. Here are a few pics from past Kristkindlmarkts...

Kristkindlmarkt%20101.jpg

Kristkindlmarkt%20090.jpg

Kristkindlmarkt%20022.jpg

Kristkindlmarkt%20092.jpg

Kristkindlmarkt%20061.jpg

Fröhliche Weihnachten! (Yes, that means Merry Christmas!)

Cheers! M2
    Target Sports

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Kein fear, Karen! They participate in Southtown's First Friday event every month and are open to the public...

At the Beethoven's First Friday, we offer wine, beer, and entertainment. Food, like bratwurst and pretzels, is also available for purchase. The Damenchor room showcases different art each month- ranging from professional artists to school groups. All proceeds from First Friday at the Beethoven go to fund the restoration of the Kuest House, which is the adjacent house to the club. It is planned to become a German / American museum upon completion.

For all events, check out their calendar!

(OK, that link is still for 2011; but the 2012 one will be out soon!)

So I guess this means we won't see you at the SAXET show either tomorrow morning?

Cheers! M2

TexasKaren68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Cibolo
    Nope, won't be at the gun show tomorrow but I'm tentatively planning to be at the one on the 10th (breakfast too).

I did know that Beethoven's has an event for first Friday. My running group always goes down there for a run, followed by beer, but I've never made it . I'm usually wiped out at the end of the work week. I didn't know they had a Christmas market though. Still, I could probably open my own Christmas market with the amount of stuff I bought when I lived in Germany. Probably just as well that I can't go, and am broke :ohnoes:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, some of us hauled a 5-piece, 12' long wall shrunk back, amongst other things; so don't feel too bad!

See ya at next weekend's show then!

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom