• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I've been hanging around for a little while and it occurred to me that I never posted here to introduce myself! Since it's stormy and I'm up late it seems I have a little extra time to make your acquaintance.
    I'm not too terribly great at introductions but here's a bit about me: I'm just over two decades old, married, and obviously a firearm owner and enthusiast. ;)
    My husband and I are both going to the same private college, paying our own way through it all and managing to keep our heads above water between bills, loans, and gun purchases every month. It's more than I can say about most of our friends who seem to have been hit a little hard with this declining economy.
    My personal firearms include a Mossberg Maverick 88, Kel-Tec PF9, and a S&W Model 60. My S&W 60 is my first choice and beloved baby, as you can see in my avatar over there. I'm surprisingly accurate when skeet shooting with my Mossberg, even with the shorter barrel. I wouldn't trust my Kel-Tec in a life-or-death situation as of now, but am working on "fixing" it.
    I've come a long way in a short time. I used to be a staunch anti-gun woman and once I met my husband...well...he opened my eyes a bit. If anyone is interested (or hasn't seen it yet) I have a blog with a couple entries about me and firearms: how I swallowed my pride and identify your target.

I guess that's it for my introduction...anything you could possibly want to know can probably be found in my other blog posts.
    I'm going to get back to watching lightning and listening to rolling thunder now.
    Military Camp

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Welcome and I commend both you and your husband for continuing your education in these tough times. It will pay big benefits in the end.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    everytime you post this will be what is remembered, your husband is a lucky man

"Imagine at this point a buck naked woman crouched beside a dresser, holding a revolver"

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    everytime you post this will be what is remembered, your husband is a lucky man

"Imagine at this point a buck naked woman crouched beside a dresser, holding a revolver"

Im guessing BC ... before children

I read the blogs and wondered to myself how she'll see things after homeownership and kids. :p

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    Yes, I'm wondering that myself, haha. I started at least wearing a nightshirt and shorts after that because I would imagine it is better to be clothed in a life-or-death encounter. ;)
    I will say that in general my views are probably closer to that of a woman with kids (and in a home not an apartment) than most people at the same stage in life.
    It is very hard for me to find and keep friends simply because I cannot see eye-to-eye on nearly any issue with others my age - they're all for the social programs, gun control, Robin Hood setups, giving illegal immigrants the same rights as citizens (oh, but they call them "undocumented workers"), and (pardon me for making a broad generalization) democratic platforms.
    I'm still young so I'm well aware that I'm green in the arena of politics and world views, but I feel very much alone, even in Texas, because I cannot relate to others my own age in terms of politics and opinions.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Howdy and welcome to TGT. No big deal about being green. Everyone on this site was / is inexperienced with something in their lives.
    Have a good one,
    Craig

Top Bottom