• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    I have both a 1.5" and a 1.75" gun belt that I use, depending on clothing.

I have only recently started wearing a 1.75" belt because I have found it works better with jeans as they have wider belt loops than khaki's or dress pants. The problem is, I have a swivel clip for a Yaesu 2-way radio that I carry that goes over a 1.5" belt max. My phone holster is the same way.

Does anyone know of an online source for replacement belt clips, either swivel clips or pager style, that I could find that will work with a 1.75" belt?
    Capitol Armory ad

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That might be a challenge.

Is there any other reason for wearing a 1.75" belt than the belt fills the loops more?

Is the belt you're talking about a purpose made gun belt? If not and support is the reason, that's your answer. I wear jeans a lot but I can't imagine wearing a 1.75" belt. 1.5" is big enough.

arvetus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Lufkin, TX
    1.75" isn't that much bigger than 1.5". Both sizes of belts are a purpose made gun belt, and does provide great support for the weapon. Better than 1.5"? Probably not enough to notice. I wear a 1.5" with khaki's and dress pants. Perhaps I am in the minority, but I guess I just like the looks of a wider belt with jeans, and it does fill the loops better. I wouldn't go any larger than 1.75 though...

Although, I will say that I have a cheap, nylon-type holster that I carry in the woods that the 1.75 seems to work better with since the loop on that sucker is 2.25" ...

Top Bottom