• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yes, I’ve done a search and there is nothing recent although a couple years ago there was something on Kore and Grip6.

I’m in the market for a new gun belt. I’ve gone thru Hank’s, El Paso Saddlery, and a lot of Crossbreed belts on the leather side and LBT on the textile. I’m looking a high quality gun belt that fits through 1.5” belt loops. I’m usually replacing belts once a year when the support gives out as I generally have an OWB mag carrier and switch between INW and OBW a double-stack, commander-sized 1911.

I don’t care about the material as much as I care about the belt being sturdy; if you have any recommendations, drop them here.
    Venture Surplus ad

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I use the beltman.org. I used the 1 3/4 version and it has fit thru all my wranglers , cargo pants and Dockers. Has help up for 9 years going from 265 back to 185 and has used up all the hols.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If you're carrying stuff OWB, look into the Wilderness Instructor or Frequent Flyer belt. I have 1.25 and 1.5 inch Frequent Flyer belts. The 1.5 I opted for the 5-stitch (5 rows laterally of stitching on the webbing, vs 3) with the polymer stiffening insert. That belt is as rigid as it gets top to bottom. I've had it for years, carrying assorted tools daily with it (gun, multi tool, flash light, and occasionally spare mag in a carrier) and wore it while I worked as a tow truck operator and road service technician - lots of rolling around on the ground in those lines of work. The belt is as solid today as it was when I got it, though the years of use have formed it to my hips. I like how easy to adjust it is, the buckle is pretty low profile and light weight. Its a great belt for supporting stuff worn OWB.

My other daily wear belt now for a while is my Tony Llama I picked up at a boot shop locally. I wouldn't wear leather belts for years, but my wife talked me into getting leather for "dressier" occasions so I got a nice one. Its no where near as stiff as the Wilderness belt, I still carry my multi tool with it most of the time, though I've started carrying my light in my left front pocket to move stuff off the belt. I do carry a spare mag OWB with it more often though, and my pistol is carried IWB almost exclusively these days.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Yes, I’ve done a search and there is nothing recent although a couple years ago there was something on Kore and Grip6.

I’m in the market for a new gun belt. I’ve gone thru Hank’s, El Paso Saddlery, and a lot of Crossbreed belts on the leather side and LBT on the textile. I’m looking a high quality gun belt that fits through 1.5” belt loops. I’m usually replacing belts once a year when the support gives out as I generally have an OWB mag carrier and switch between INW and OBW a double-stack, commander-sized 1911.

I don’t care about the material as much as I care about the belt being sturdy; if you have any recommendations, drop them here.
    Vedder

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Ive got there Bullhide belts. Buy one and they will send a coupon with your shipment for discount on another. I wear the black one almost every day for over a year and it’s held up well. The brown one doesnt get much use, so it’s still like new. Lots ot different styles, colors and material, and from dress to casual wear. I recommend them

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    I have had the same Trayvax Cinch for roughly 4 years now and it's still perfect for my edc. Still keeps shape and doesn't sag. I appendix carry mostly. And you can't beat the price either.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I use the ciguera emissary. Have been using it for about 3-4 years straight. Mostly used with a Beretta M9A3, but lot of time with a 1911 and model 66.

Only complaint is the elastic keeper is not captive and can be lost

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The only other gun belt i have used are the rubber magpul ones. I do not recommend them, they have a hard time supporting much more than a glock, and the hardware (specifically the screws that hold in the buckle) can easily be broken if enough pressure is applied

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I got as "Bullhide" Belt for Christmas, it reinforced with steel. Rather stiff due to the steel core. But it hold a pistol up well and no sag.
    yup, mine is non reinforced, just an extra thick leather. If I was carrying a steel frame all day, I’d probably go reinforced. I carry OWB only. My singe stack plastic fantastic I don’t even know it’s there. Heck i even carry a double stack Glock and it’s okay

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I went back to the GALCO belts a few years ago. all in all, best value. I have various models and like them all. "Hanks" are the same price but not nearly as well-made.
    When I was fat, I got to wearing the "Suspender Store" HD suspenders b/t T-shirt & dress shirt; works very well and are comfortable.

leVieux

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Doesn't absorb sweat or deform... stiff without a steel insert.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom