Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Is there a way to put more notches in a belt? I have lost 65lbs and my 2 Versa carry belts don't fit anymore. I may have to call Versacarry but was trying to find other avenues.
    I wear a Beltman belt. They advise that more holes is a bad idea. They don't line up, they won't be the right shape, you create a long tail on the belt that has to be tucked away, etc. For lots of reasons, they insist that folks should never punch more holes.

For people who lose a lot of weight, they offer a low-cost service where they will shorten the belt from the buckle end. I wonder if the maker of your belts offers a similar service.
    Texas SOT

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Is there a way to put more notches in a belt? I have lost 65lbs and my 2 Versa carry belts don't fit anymore. I may have to call Versacarry but was trying to find other avenues.
    The correct method is to send the belt back to the manufacturer to have it shortened, for the reasons described above. Otherwise, you're better off selling it (or tossing it into the box of belts and holsters that didn't work out) and buying one that fits.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Ummm. I lost some weight too... But I'm cheap/frugal/po'... Shortened the belt at the buckle and repunch the tongue slit then use Chicago screws. Got two more Xtra long, little used at Goodwill and did the same, including a fancy western style tooled and concho'd. Was fun. I mostly IWB though, but clipped over the belt.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I've been using the Crossbreed Instructor belt for many years now and am very happy with it. I've got other 'traditional style' (buckle, holes, etc), but I just don't like them as much - ymmv....

The Instructor belt is very sturdy and uses velcro, so there's no notches to worry about, it's easy to adjust for IWB, OWB and any +/- waist changes (weight gain/loss).

CrossBreed® Holsters Instructor Belt with Velcro Closure (crossbreedholsters.com)

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    m5215,

Tyrus will be green with envy if he sees your belt - imagine he could carry that one plus his current one on each shoulder for that 'ever-so' cool guy look...ok, goofus guy look...

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Great topic with some great ideas of what works/doesn't work. For future readers I have made a list of all the suggestions so far as they were posted;

El Paso Saddlery​
    Crossbreed​
    Viking Tactics​
    Emmisary EDC Belt​
    Wilderness Instructor​
    Bigfoot​
    belt man​
    VersaCarry​
    5.11 Trainer​
    Tony Llama​
    Vedder​
    Bullhide​
    Trayvax Cinch​
    magpul el burro​
    Aker​
    GALCO​
    SuperBio​
    Kore​
    bison designs​
    Blue Alpha Gear​
    Nexbelt​
    Jeffery Custom Leather​
    Mastermind​
    Carhartt​
    Ted Blocker​
    Ronin Tactics​
    DM Bullard​
    Aker​
    Jerry Bissell​
    Blackhawk CQB​

citizen_zero

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    North of DFW
    I have used the Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt for many years and can't imagine a more comfortable option.

I like it for a couple reasons. With a leather belt you are limited to however far apart the holes are, which will probably work for almost all situations but there's that instance where one hole could be slightly too tight while the next adjustment could be slightly too loose. With these you can cinch it up exactly as tight as you need it. Also with the ring loops there isn't any buckle to dig into your belly if you have a bit of a gut.

1652372297342.png

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I have used the Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt for many years and can't imagine a more comfortable option.

I like it for a couple reasons. With a leather belt you are limited to however far apart the holes are, which will probably work for almost all situations but there's that instance where one hole could be slightly too tight while the next adjustment could be slightly too loose. With these you can cinch it up exactly as tight as you need it. Also with the ring loops there isn't any buckle to dig into your belly if you have a bit of a gut.

View attachment 319361
    Yes, its a good belt which I got for my frequent air travel awhile back. But when being screened by TSA in March 2022 the belt triggered a brief pat down. I think the scanner was alerted by the bulk on the buckle as there is no metal. I would still wear it for travel just make sure that my TSA PreCheck appears on the boarding pass. That will get me through TSA screening without the extra hassle.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I'm late to the party, and I'm not going to read 10 pages of posts to catch up. I just want to make a general comment. Not all belts and holsters are compatible with each other. Case in point: I have a very nice Jerry Bissell (since retired) belt that I have worn daily for many years. It is excellent quality, double layer, and quite thick. I really like it. I recently bought a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB holster. And the very first time that I wanted to use this combo, I discovered that the belt is too thick for the belt loops on the Milt Sparks holster!

So, I bought a Blackhawk CQB Rigger's Belt to use the Milt Sparks holster with. I wore one for several years, beginning in 2006, but it went missing in one of my moves. I replaced it with one from Amazon, and can now use my Milt Sparks holster.

The moral of the story is to check before you buy!
    Yep. Happened to me as well with a Milt Sparks Summer Special II and my thick Mean Gene Leather belt. I replaced the SSII’s 1.5” snap loops with some 1.75” snap loops, and that helped, but it’s still a tight fit.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I purchased a Kore belt based on this thread. Would 100% recommend.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Edited to add pic.
    579ca7d1fc3e7de00e9cdf85fb4b8cad.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom