TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I‘ve been wearing one of these for about 7 years now:

https://bisondesigns.com/products/38mm-last-chance™-heavy-duty-black-buckle

It’ll stand up to a 3lb 2011 hanging on my hip, or the metal clips from numerous IWB holsters. The Velcro makes it fully adjustable as my weight or the gun weight fluctuates. I don’t see myself ever going back to a leather belt for everyday wear.

ETA: not sure why it isn’t showing up as a hyperlink.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I wear a hanks every day but I do have a versacarry and that would be what I consider a belt that would last a few lifetimes. Built like a brick shithouse but still comfortable to wear. I think the Hank is more comfortable and does the job for what I need

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    I've liked Blue Alpha Gear in the past. Currently using (and liking) a Warrior Poet Society Supreme Appendix Carry by Nexbelt. Nexbelt has a similar buckle system as Kore.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Yes, I’ve done a search and there is nothing recent although a couple years ago there was something on Kore and Grip6.

I’m in the market for a new gun belt. I’ve gone thru Hank’s, El Paso Saddlery, and a lot of Crossbreed belts on the leather side and LBT on the textile. I’m looking a high quality gun belt that fits through 1.5” belt loops. I’m usually replacing belts once a year when the support gives out as I generally have an OWB mag carrier and switch between INW and OBW a double-stack, commander-sized 1911.

I don’t care about the material as much as I care about the belt being sturdy; if you have any recommendations, drop them here.
    Hey Todd,

Have two of the BIGFOOT GUN BELTS. Amazon product ASIN B07STCV6D2
    Use one for EDC and the other for my IDPA type revolver rig...

Good leather with a piece of steel (banding materiel?) betwixt layers...

Should have bought them years ago.

Later, Mark

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I use the beltman.org. I used the 1 3/4 version and it has fit thru all my wranglers , cargo pants and Dockers. Has help up for 9 years going from 265 back to 185 and has used up all the hols.
    I'm a big believer in Beltman. Mine is many years old and holding up just fine.

As an added bonus, he's very reasonable on adjustments. If you lose a lot of weight, you can send the belt back to him and he'll shorten it the proper way, from the buckle end. I remember the price for that service being $10 but I might be wrong; whatever the price, it struck me as dirt cheap for a valuable service.

Added bonus, once you've got one of his belts, you'll know you can call up and ask what they've got in stock or on special. Often, they'll have odd lots, like an order that somehow didn't get delivered because the buyer backed out or something. When that happens, you can find exotic leathers at really deep discounts.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I still like my kore belt.

I've been using Kore belts for a few years. Love the easy micro-adjustability. I have one leather and one "tactical" belt. I wear the tactical 99% of the time.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I've been wearing a Ciguera Emissary for the last couple of years. Pretty happy with it. Ordered some of the spare elastic loops when I purchased it, but haven't had to use any of the spares yet.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I‘ve been wearing one of these for about 7 years now:

It’ll stand up to a 3lb 2011 hanging on my hip, or the metal clips from numerous IWB holsters. The Velcro makes it fully adjustable as my weight or the gun weight fluctuates. I don’t see myself ever going back to a leather belt for everyday wear.

ETA: not sure why it isn’t showing up as a hyperlink.

It probably doesn't like the ™ in the URL.

Using the Insert Link button seems to work

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I’m not sure what it looks like on the iPad but this is the button I see in Chrome on my phone.

1634739929917.png

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    VersaCarry is double ply water buffalo. I don't think this belt could wear out in a lifetime.
    I have had a VersaCarry belt for about a year now and have no complaints. Keep in mind I have been using it with an IWB holster, not OWB as you have Todd. Also they are pretty reasonably priced and frequently have sales.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I ordered a Versacarry holster and belt this past weekend with their 50% off born sale. I ordered the double stitched belt. Never seen one before but heard good enough things and the sale made it a good deal.

interested to see what you end up with.

I’m also in the market for a nice ratchet belt too, just need to look more.

Top Bottom