• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Other than my uniform belts I’ve not worn since retiring, I only own 4 belts…all Kore gun belts.

I threw all the other away. These belts are very comfortable and I’ve had them for several years..

If you are retired military, email them for the discount code. I think it’s 15%.

Try one…you’ll love it.
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      2.2 MB · Views: 87

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm a big fan of Mastermind Tactics. I consider belts to be wear items that need to be replaced periodically. For that reason, I mainly care that they are utilitarian and do the job with minimal fuss.

The thing I like about Mastermind is they offer a handful of options. I want SIMPLE when it comes to belts, and I don't want to be exhausted with options. They're also well-made and inexpensive, which is great. Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly pay a LOT for quality gear, but I don't want to pay so much that I end up worrying about that gear. I like knowing, worst case, $30-40 gets me another belt and I'm good to go.

NOT my picture. Taken from their Instagram page as an example (though I also carry a P30 LEM since I'm a weirdo ;)).

mastermind-tactics-belt-example.jpg

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I'm a big fan of Mastermind Tactics. I consider belts to be wear items that need to be replaced periodically. For that reason, I mainly care that they are utilitarian and do the job with minimal fuss.

The thing I like about Mastermind is they offer a handful of options. I want SIMPLE when it comes to belts, and I don't want to be exhausted with options. They're also well-made and inexpensive, which is great. Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly pay a LOT for quality gear, but I don't want to pay so much that I end up worrying about that gear. I like knowing, worst case, $30-40 gets me another belt and I'm good to go.

NOT my picture. Taken from their Instagram page as an example (though I also carry a P30 LEM since I'm a weirdo ;)).

View attachment 287415
    I love my two Masterminds for IWB. They don’t quite carry my 5” 1911 OWB as well as a few of my other belts, though.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    My favorite leather belt that easily carries spare mags and a 1911 in an OWB holster is my Mean Gene Leather Victory Aegis belt.

The Aegis belt allows for infinite adjustment. Mine is the double-stitched unreinforced version. If your belts are only lasting about a year, though, you might want to try the reinforced double-stitched.

Gene is a great guy and will take his time on the phone with you to get it right. His belts are somewhat pricey but are a high quality work of art and leather craftsmanship. And if you lose 3” around the waist, he’ll cut and re-adjust it for free. I have 3 of his belts, and turnaround time for all 3 was less than a week, including my last one which was a custom one-off. Superb customer service.

The only complaint I have about his belt is that they’re fairly thick (about 1/4”?). So some holster slots can be hard to fit. I had to replace the 1.5” snap loops on my Milt Sparks Summer Special II with their 1.75” snap loops and had to file the slots a bit wider on my 1791 OWB holster. My Clinger IWB clip fits fine, though, as does my Black Rhino Concealment OWB. Despite that, I still love these belts.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've got a carhartt thick heavy duty belt I've been impressed with. It was only 24 bucks and better than belts I've paid 75 bucks for.

I got it at Academy. Lol

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Fred+Mertz.png
    you need a little skinny one snugged right up under your nipples Fred Mertz style.

I’m a fan of Comp-Tac kydex reinforced cowhide. Have been using 3 for ranch work and carry for 5 years. They broke in fast. Looking well used now but still solid as a rock.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Added to the list for deeper research
    I've got a Tucker holster and believe in their products, see below.
    My favorite leather belt that easily carries spare mags and a 1911 in an OWB holster is my Mean Gene Leather Victory Aegis belt.
    Tons of high-quality leather belts that get replaced annually.
    I've got a carhartt thick heavy duty belt I've been impressed with.
    See above.
    you need a little skinny one snugged right up under your nipples Fred Mertz style.

I’m a fan of Comp-Tac kydex reinforced cowhide.
    I'll take a look again, but I've passed them over in the past for a reason, I just cant remember why right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALCON

I'm seriously considering a two-piece inner/outer belt based on my needs and what I can dress around.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll take a look again, but I've passed them over in the past for a reason, I just cant remember why right now.
    I have one one of those kydex-reinforced Comp-Tac belts. I used it for I think ~5yrs and it held up well. I can definitely recommend them. I only stopped since I decided to move to nylon / scuba webbing type belts. The only thing I had an issue with on that belt was the screws for the wrapped portion to hold the buckle on kept coming loose over time. I'd definitely recommend some type of Loctite on those, like maybe a stick of Loctite 248 or other low temp/torque thread locker.

One thing for people to consider is when stiff is too stiff (oh no, here come the jokes!). I also have a leather gun belt that's on the extreme end of the stiff spectrum. It's a Ted Blocker H Belt. Believe it or not, they're steel-lined. It's literally like wearing a leather-lined slim jim around your waist! ;) So stiff, if you hold the cinched belt out and off of your body with a pistol and holster attached, it doesn't really collapse from the weight. Nice belt, but so stiff it's unnatural for concealed carry. The holster and gun needs to move with your body at least a bit. If not, lean to one side or bend over and it's like sending up the flag on a mailbox.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I just stumbled across this thread but I just had this conversation at work with a few guys. I use a 511 trainer belt. It has served me well and has infinite adjustment to it. Just my 2 cents though

ETA: the model number was 59409 I think.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom