• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    So, I bought a 92A1 because it has a rail. Went to mount a Streamlight TLR-1 and first issue was none of the keys would fit into the rail slots. So, I ended up filing down the 90TWO key until it would fit. However, the light still will not fil all the way. It seems the rail on the Beretta is a little too wide and does not let the light sit close enough to the rail for the clamps to attach correctly.

I tried an Olight PL2 and Streamlight TLR-3 and same thing. These lights fit on all other guns I have tried them on (FNS, FNX, M&P M2.0, CZ P07/P09, CZ SP-01 Tac, Walther PPQ, Sig P320........).

Does the 92A1 have a "non-standard" rail size? I looked around on the internet and see plenty of people using a TLR-1 on the 92A1. Is there a chance the rail on this 92A1 is not in spec? Thanks!
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-a1/
    easy-accessorization2.jpg

Should be standard picatinny size 1913

Attachments

• easy-accessorization2.jpg
      easy-accessorization2.jpg
      14 KB · Views: 1,188

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I just got my Beretta 92 out and tried to mount a cheap laser on the rail and....It didn’t fit. The rail on the gun was wider than the laser.

I don’t have my Streamlight here with me to try, but that laser does fit on the rail of my AR

OP is right it would seem..

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I just got my Beretta 92 out and tried to mount a cheap laser on the rail and....It didn’t fit. The rail on the gun was wider than the laser.

I don’t have my Streamlight here with me to try, but that laser does fit on the rail of my AR

OP is right it would seem..

Got a digital micrometer? The average width in the STANAG is 21.2mm for an accessory rail. Would be interesting to see whose tolerance is off.

ETA: the STANAG allows for 21.0 - 21.3mm with a desired width of 21.2mm / .835”

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have a 96 Vertec with a LaserMax on it for years, no problems, how old is your 92 vmax? I realize the LaserMax isn't a flashlight but figured a rail should be a rail.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    a rail should be a rail
    Not hardly. There are enough horror stories out there about rails or things that attach to rails being just enough off-spec (or built to specs just enough different) to fill a book with tales of woe.

Don't get me started on Euro-spec receiver grooves for scope mounting.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have a 96 Vertec with a LaserMax on it for years, no problems, how old is your 92 vmax? I realize the LaserMax isn't a flashlight but figured a rail should be a rail.
    About 5-6 years old
    I've never tried to mount anything on it

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    About 5-6 years old
    I've never tried to mount anything on it

That and the OP's issue is interesting. Mine is somewhere over 10 and funny too, because as many Berettas that I have owned, I believe this was the first time I mounted anything to one as well.

Not hardly. There are enough horror stories out there about rails or things that attach to rails being just enough off-spec (or built to specs just enough different) to fill a book with tales of woe.

Don't get me started on Euro-spec receiver grooves for scope mounting.

I hear that, I should have said that I would have thought that a Beretta rail should be a Beretta rail, but according to this post I would be wrong. :spank:

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I will take some measurements and pictures and post tonight. I did mod the 90TWO key, which is the one Streamlight says to use. The 1913 key was too wide to fit as well. However, eventhough the key fits in the slot now, the rail is still wider it seems than the shape of the TLR-1 area that sits against the rail. This causes it to not be able to clamp on to the 92A1 rail correctly.

After I get these measurements and photos, I am going to give Beretta a call and see what they think. Like I said, I got this 92A1 to use the rail.

Top Bottom