• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    For those of you Beretta 92 9mm fans I had a "eureka" minute at Academy yesterday. They have both the M9 and the 92 Italian made pistols, regular price $519. Both sell on Gunbroker between 550 and 699.

They are the "plastic part" economy models but represent better investments in new condition than most NYSE stocks.

I already have a 14 year old 92fs or I would buy one. Maybe I'll buy one anyway. Always room for another Beretta!

Metal parts can be substituted for the plastic spring guides etc at a very reasonable cost. Gunbroker "parts" lists them and I think Brownell's sells them.

These pistols with 15 round mags. may not be available at some future date because of pending legislation. To me the 92 in all its variations is one of the finest large frame autoloaders on the market.
    Target Sports

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    My mistake. I went back and the 92FS Italian, which I bought, was 549.95. Although I already have a 92 the demons of impulse purchasing just told them to put one, brand new in the box, on my credit card. Obviously I am not the one to blame. I was posessed thus am not the one responsible, rather a victim!

GUNSLINGER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    I bought my 92FS after getting out of the ARMY 15 years ago and I love it! You cant go wrong with a Beretta.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Gunslinger, if you didn't equip your 92fs with a BufferTech recoil buffer you should think about it. This thing replaces the recoil spring guide and gives your beauty even less recoil than it had! In addition it reduces wear on the alloy frame. I shoot 124 gr.Winchester Nato +p on a routine basis because it's available to me. The frame on the Beretta should last longer and the pistol should "kick" less. Not bad for a 24.95 modification that has lasted for many years.

byronw999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Grand Prairie, Texas USA!
    Thanks for the tip on the recoil buffer.. It got good reviews on Midway.. I've added 1 to my cart to try out...

Dont feel to bad about the 92 Demons WB5MHA I now have 3... A new blued version with factory night sights I carry, an Inox version that was a 96 when I bought it new and bought a complete upper to convert it and finally bought a used police trade in for a practice/bang around gun..

These and my CZ-82s are my favorites hands down..

Top Bottom