• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    Hello, I've seen a couple of people online with this issue of a beretta pico trigger not coming forward to reset after firing the gun. However, most solutions they provide are to replace the trigger spring, which I did. Now this still happens maybe 50% of the time in a clean pistol, and the frequency increases as I fire more rounds. I cannot reproduce this failure with dry fire, even immediately after a failure. It only happens if I fire a live round. Any ideas on what could be the problem? I love this gun and i want to make it work. It feels really great to shoot despite its pico size.

Pics so you can see the mechanics involved.

Any thoughts, theories, information are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    96745665959ab0c91b9c154683fcdd57.jpg
    b568d488057e375702e6a76eef94f7ae.jpg
    170d0604baf54739f0b50b3b5ae479b1.jpg
    62b9060ceaf65e5565443a1293105d0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    They named the pistol with the Spanish slang name for penis. Either that are they thought Pico really means rooster beak. I'm in the first camp.

I'm not familiar with that model either. First I've heard about it.

Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    How'd you come across that pistol? I haven't seen it around. It's a nice looking sidearm.
    It started with an internet search for pocket pistols. I bought it from academy on sale for 275 I think. I do like the gun, and it's perfect for pocket carry and actually feels better in my hand than my larger PF9 by Kel Tec. Shoots better, and its "rated" by beretta for +P which the pf9 isnt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    There's one that has sat at my local academy for a few years now. I almost bought it a while back but saw a lot of problems during my internet research. Gotta be either weak spring or some sort of interference. Since you replaced the spring check for the latter. I say send it back and see if they fix it.

As a side note: I think it's funny when manufacturers rate a .380 for +P when there is no SAAMI spec for it.

Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    [QUOTE="The.Other.Jared, post: 1805916, member:
    As a side note: I think it's funny when manufacturers rate a .380 for +P when there is no SAAMI spec for it.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I put "rated" in quotations. I believe i remember that beretta has a specific pressure for +p they have tested publicly ensured. I'd have to find it again...

Also, later serial numbers have been redesigned. I just need to get this little kink worked out.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Look for a mold burr on the inside of the frame where all the trigger stuff slides.
    Just a guess.

The trigger return spring may be upside down or backwards. My BIL had that happen on his Walther P38. Same exact symptoms as yours.

Top Bottom