• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    anyone had any real time experience with one of these

it has the beretta name but i havent seen much about them and always wanted to pick one up if they are worth it.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I bought one, cleaned it, took it to a range to try it out. When I got done shooting a box of ammo, the guys on either side of me stopped to compliment my shooting. So the next weekend, I took it to a range and my neighbor and his family went as well. His 16 yr old daughter - who had never shot a pistol - shot a magazine of .40 S&W at the head on a silhouette target 10 yds downrange and put most of the shots in the head. My neighbor - who carries as part of his job - tried the PX4, turned around to me and said, "I LIKE this pistol!" The next day, he showed up at my door to show me the new PX4 that he bought.

Let's see, grouping? Excellent. A very accurate pistol. Recoil? I usually shoot .45s (1911's), so I'm used to a solid recoil. The PX4 in .40 shoots almost as easy as a 9 mm. It's incredibly easy to field strip and clean (4 parts!). I've tried several different bullets - FMJ, flat nose, hollowpoints, etc. - and have had NO failures to feed.

The magazine loading tool is not the best - it may be a generic version that Beretta uses for different guns. The magazines hold 14 rounds, but the first 10 are easy and the last 4 take some work.

The only downside for me thus far is that I have to sell one of my 1911's to cover the cost. Oh, speaking of cost, I found the price to vary nearly $150 from one dealer to the next. Check around before buying.

Oops - I went back and re-read and realized you are looking at the subcompact. I can't speak to that except that the salesman at the local gun range told me that they've been selling a lot of them. Women seem to love them (good size for a purse, maybe?).

Top Bottom