• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Was out in Texas City at their municipal range busting some clays and saw this flyer. Thought it looked interesting and may stop by and see what they have. Never been to that range before, might be a good way to check it out.

edited to add: looks like they renovated that old range and changed the name. Got some less than stellar reviews on here from the past IRC. Been there years ago and was not impressed. Still might stop by................

http://www.bestshotrange.com/

View attachment 22664

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, found some more information.

On Saturday the event will not be at their range, but at Clear Creek Gun Range in League City where they will have clay pigeon throwers set up so you can shoot a variety of Beretta shotguns. Said they will have handguns there also to shoot.

On Sunday, same thing but at PSE in Friendswood.

Place has changed a lot since I was there years ago.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Just got back and had a great time.

It is being held separate from the range, on the old shotgun range. So no need to check in at the range office or pay.

Registered at the tent, name, email. As I just ate, I had to turn down the bar-b-que they were serving for free.

Visited the RV where they had the guns displayed and looked at a few, then made my over to the tactical shotgun.

They had the new 1301 tactical shotgun, designed for 3 gun shooting. You could fire as many rounds as you wanted at a paper silhouette target with it. Kept saying to me notice how soft it shoots............errr, No. It still hits pretty hard, not as bad as my 1201, but not soft either. Ok good shooting gun, but don't need one.

Went to where they had a wobble trap set up. They had three guns on the table and the two other guys and I took turns shooting them. No pressure, no sales pitch, no limit on shots, very friendly and not over the top on safety. Treated us as adults that probably knew what we were doing.

Ended up shooting all the guns there and then went back to the trailer and picked up their new 20 gauge semi-auto, dropped off my TDL and took it to the clay thrower station. The other visitors, I, and a member of the Beretta crew shot about a box of shells out of it. That is a sweet shooting gun. Almost went back and traded it for the DT-11 to check out, but that gun is so far out of my budget right now and I don't need another Olympic quality gun so I passed.

Team out there very friendly and courteous. They will be at PSC in Friendswood tomorrow. If you want to shoot a variety of shotguns I would recommend you go. Plus no charges for the ammo or anything including the drinks or food. Now if you want to buy a shirt or something, you can.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom