• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Well...after looking for a Bersa 380 for a while...finally found one. A friend picked one up and just sold it to me. It was a little dirty and had some surface rust but that has all been taken care of and she is ready to go!

I made the mistake of selling my original Thunder 380 thinking I could just pick another one up at Academy and that was foolish. I didn't know that all 380's are going like hotcakes everywhere...so I won't repeat that. I'm going to even look for a second one! heheheh
    Guns International

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dude, what is it with 380acp all of a sudden? I don't get it. Today at Cabelas we sold a TON of Ruger LCP's and sold out of almost all our .380 ammo. By all logic, all of our .223, .308, 9mm and 45acp should have been first to go, yet there was still plenty of at least .223 and .308, but .380 sold out instead. Just plain weird. ;)

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I've seen a 3 boxes of .380 around here in the past 4 months. It was at a gun show last month. One table had two 25rnd boxes of Hornady Crititcal Defense for $30 each and another table had one 50rnd box of Wolf for $30. I bought the two boxes of Hornady though, since I've been down to my last seven rounds (the mag I carry in it) of PD ammo for a couple months. Acadamy, Gander Mountain, all the little gun shops, Walmart....NO ONE as any .380 up here. I've gotten to the point where I'm about to just put the LCP away in the safe. :(

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Same here in El Paso.You cannot find any ammo that a normal person can afford.Wish I knew someone who reloaded .380 ammo.There is one store that sells the Hornady 20 round box for $35.There was no .380 ammo at the last gunshow.I have not shot any of my .380's for a long time and I am very diappointed with the ammo industry.I heard a rumor that Lake City and Federal will be shreading there brass and that reloading is only going to get worse.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I heard a rumor that Lake City and Federal will be shreading there brass and that reloading is only going to get worse.[/quote said:
    what do you mean by "shreading" brass? as in they will make cheeper brass or that they will not be selling brass alone?

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    They supply reloading brass.My buddy Gene reloads and sells ammo at the gunshows.He was told that no more will be available to him.This is what they told him when he tried to order a few days ago.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    .380 stuff up here is hard to come by too I haven't found it anywhere in about 2-3 months, its kind of hit or miss either you show up after the shipment comes in or you don't get any.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Congrats on the Bersa

I haven't been in to look at stores up here for ammo or guns except once (Bass Pro). We've been so inundated with this house hunt that there's barely room for anything else. I'll get somewhere soon and take note of ammo. If there's something good, I'll grab some and send it to whoever needs it.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    My Bersa .380 sucks, it jams after the 3rd round every time. I was using .380 Federal Hollow Points. I should try using regular ball ammo. I was so fed up with it, I haven't shot that thing in 4 years. I bought it at Oshman's Sports when it was called that. Its just been sitting in my closet.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    My Bersa .380 sucks, it jams after the 3rd round every time. I was using .380 Federal Hollow Points. I should try using regular ball ammo. I was so fed up with it, I haven't shot that thing in 4 years. I bought it at Oshman's Sports when it was called that. Its just been sitting in my closet.

is it for sale?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

You might want to try Corbon Pow'RBall. Since it has a polymer cap in the nose that gives it almost a perfect roundnose profile, I've found that it is about the best feeding self defense round out there. When nothing else feeds, those usually seem to. They are a decent quality round, though there is stuff out there a bit better quality (Corbon DPX, Federal HST, Winchester Ranger SXT).

tx_headcase

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    league city
    i stocked up on 380 ammo back when i bought my bersa thunder 380 in march and last night i started reloading 380 acp found some cool grips for it too.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I miss my Bersa Thunder Pimp, I use to shoot Corbon without ever having a problem. And when I did carry it for protection, It always had Corbon DPX in it.

Top Bottom