Join TexasGunTalk

Besides TX LTC, what other ones are beneficial? Do any cover Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Texas LTC / CHL' started by Blasternank, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Blasternank

Blasternank Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Keller (By Cabela's)
    I know back in the day people would teach a variety of other states concealed carry courses so you could be valid in more states that didn't recognize Texas LTC. Do you know of any courses around that do that? My parents live in Minnesota and while driving up there most states have reciprocity with Texas except Iowa and Minnesota. I also list Wisconsin as sometimes we drive over there while visiting my folks. Any help or info would be appreciated!

Thanks.

2. Dred

Dred Active Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
  3. etmo

etmo Active Member

Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    You don't need reciprocity for Iowa -- "According to Iowa Law 724.11A Recognition, a valid permit or license issued by another state to any non-resident of this state, shall be considered to be a valid permit or license to carry weapons."

WI already honors TX permits: https://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/conceal-carry/reciprocity

For MN, next time you're up there, you can apply to any county Sheriff, and that Sheriff can choose to grant you a license to carry in MN -- the Sheriff has 30 days to grant or deny you the permit. You have to do it in person, and you are required to present evidence that you have received training in the safe use of a pistol from an organization or government entity that has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety in accordance with the department’s standards.

Dred likes this.