• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Someone making entry on a house / apartment would have to be incredibly determined to continue after being shot at, much less hit with, a 12-gauge. I think 9 / 10 would run as fast as they could after the first shot.

That being said, if I lived in an apartment, I'd have the first shot as a beanbag round, followed up by Tactical loads in a Benelli M4. In a house, I wouldn't even bother with the beanbag.

One sidenote is that the tactical loads will look better in court since they are utilized by police for that purpose, versus a 3" magnum. Granted, you have to get to court first.
    Military Camp

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    In my main SG I use #4 for HD and have a couple 00 in the side saddle. The other ones all have 00. I am looking for some #4 buck which I hear is great for HD. 30 .24 cal pellets per shot sounds good to me.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Yes, I fully believe it is important to kill the intruder. Why? It is the only way to fully, 100% be sure that the dirtbag cannot cause further harm. I am not just talking about further harm during the initial threat either. Past cases of dirtbags being wounded, and not put down for good, have shown to be a legal nightmare. The intruder can still speak, give his/her version of what happened and even sue you. Not good in the long run.

The bad guy and his family can no longer sue you. The Castle Doctrine took care of the legal issues at home. A bad guy can give his version of the story, but if he's in your house and there is any evidence of him breaking an entrance.......the law is on your side.

Fortunately, right now, my family is in a great position for home defense. We live in a home and our daughter is under 2 years. So, any shot fired at a torso level would go over her head. My wife and I have already discussed which directions are safe to fire towards so no rounds can impact her room. Even on the darkest nights, we have enough electronic gizmos giving off sufficient light that we can identify a target without the need of a flashlight..

So, for us, we'll stick with 00 - #4 loads.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The bad guy and his family can no longer sue you. The Castle Doctrine took care of the legal issues at home. ads.

That is incorrect. The Castle Doctrine law gave immunity to a person who was justified under chapter 9. Immunity means he can sue, but if the court rules you were justified under chapter 9 the case is dismissed and he has to pay all fees.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    That is incorrect. The Castle Doctrine law gave immunity to a person who was justified under chapter 9. Immunity means he can sue, but if the court rules you were justified under chapter 9 the case is dismissed and he has to pay all fees.

You are taking my wording too literally. I left out 'successfully sue you if you were justified'....the context is still the same. I may even say that I can't sue you for what you just typed. That would be incorrect also, I could sue you.....I just wouldn't win. The context is the same.

How is this re-phrase: The bad guy and his family will no longer be able to win a civil award against you in a shooting that was justified under chapter 9.

SECTION 4. Section 83.001, Civil Practice and Remedies Code, is amended to read as follows: Sec. 83.001. AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE. It is an affirmative defense to a civil action for damages for personal injury or death that the defendant, at the time the cause of action arose, was justified in using force or deadly force under Subchapter C, Chapter 9 [Section 9.32], Penal Code[, against a person who at the time of the use of force was committing an offense of unlawful entry in the habitation of the defendant]. SECTION 5. Chapter 83, Civil Practice and Remedies Code, is amended by adding Section 83.002 to read as follows: Sec.83.002.COURT COSTS, ATTORNEY'S FEES, AND OTHER EXPENSES. A defendant who prevails in asserting the affirmative defense described by Section 83.001 may recover from the plaintiff all court costs, reasonable attorney's fees, earned income that was lost as a result of the suit, and other reasonable expenses.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You are taking my wording too literally. I left out 'successfully sue you if you were justified'....the context is still the same. I may even say that I can't sue you for what you just typed. That would be incorrect also, I could sue you.....I just wouldn't win. The context is the same.

How is this re-phrase: The bad guy and his family will no longer be able to win a civil award against you in a shooting that was justified under chapter 9.

SECTION 4. Section 83.001, Civil Practice and Remedies Code, is amended to read as follows: Sec. 83.001. AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE. It is an affirmative defense to a civil action for damages for personal injury or death that the defendant, at the time the cause of action arose, was justified in using force or deadly force under Subchapter C, Chapter 9 [Section 9.32], Penal Code[, against a person who at the time of the use of force was committing an offense of unlawful entry in the habitation of the defendant]. SECTION 5. Chapter 83, Civil Practice and Remedies Code, is amended by adding Section 83.002 to read as follows: Sec.83.002.COURT COSTS, ATTORNEY'S FEES, AND OTHER EXPENSES. A defendant who prevails in asserting the affirmative defense described by Section 83.001 may recover from the plaintiff all court costs, reasonable attorney's fees, earned income that was lost as a result of the suit, and other reasonable expenses.

I am glad you sort of understand, but telling someone that they cannot be sued leads to confusion and mistaken beliefs. It has nothing to do with taking your wording too literally, it is taking it for what you wrote.

In fact, the selection you posted from the Civil Practices and Remedies code is Pre-2007, and is not the current law.

Here is the current wording;

CIVIL PRACTICE AND REMEDIES CODEÂ*Â* CHAPTER 83. USE OF DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON

CIVIL PRACTICE AND REMEDIES CODE
    TITLE 4. LIABILITY IN TORT
    CHAPTER 83. USE OF DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON
    Sec. 83.001. CIVIL IMMUNITY. A defendant who uses force or deadly force that is justified under Chapter 9, Penal Code, is immune from civil liability for personal injury or death that results from the defendant's use of force or deadly force, as applicable.

If you want to lok at the bill instead;

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80R/billtext/doc/SB00378F.doc

It is nice that the legislators are giving citizens some protection!

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Has anyone tried or seen Remingtons 4x6 2 3/4" and 3" shells? Its a combo of #4 shot followed by #6 shot with the larger #4 shot in front of the #6 shot. I've seen this at Bass Pro Shops and heard that it was specifically made for HD.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    My HD philosophy

is as follows:

1.) Hear intruder; grab Mossy 500.

2.) Find and identify intruder; take aim and loudly rack 00 buck shell into chamber; warn intruder of imminent danger to his person.

If this doesn't send intruder running out the door/window, then he must be after more than my worldly possessions, and the use of 00 buck is warranted.

Just have to be careful not to miss!

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    is as follows:

1.) Hear intruder; grab Mossy 500.

2.) Find and identify intruder; take aim and loudly rack 00 buck shell into chamber; warn intruder of imminent danger to his person.

If this doesn't send intruder running out the door/window, then he must be after more than my worldly possessions, and the use of 00 buck is warranted.

Just have to be careful not to miss!

Wow...you'd actually let 'em try to run first...

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    Let them try to run after hitting them in the legs with a couple bolo rounds. Then follow up with a flechette round or two.

If that dosen't work, just hog tie'em and drag'em down to the basement where you can have some real fun.

RacingJake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Abilene
    You would think just after one slug fired inside a home at night after the bang and flash the BG would want to stick around for some more

Top Bottom