• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jones creek kid

Apr 17, 2008
    El Campo
    I read the thread on the uberti that someone just got and i am looking for one too. I wondered what yall thought of the peacemaker clones by brand. I can't spend a ton of $$ so STI, Colt and USFA are out to the question. But for the less expensive ones that are out there who has good or bad experiences? Uberti, Taurus, Ruger, western arms, etc?????

txpete

Mar 17, 2008
    ft hood
    ruger.I have had a cattleman and a cimmeron ssa both broke with standard loads.
    get a ruger built tough and the best warranty period.
    pete

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 4, 2008
    If you cannot get a Colt get the ruger.Also had problems with my SSA from Uberti.

txpete

Mar 17, 2008
    ft hood
    let me throw something else in here...

I have been reloading and shooting the 45 colt for over 20 years.with all fix sight colt ssa or clones it is very rare to get a load that shoots point of impact;).mostly they shoot a little high and left with 250 gr cast at normal 45 colt velocities.a ruger blackhawk or bisley sure is nice with the adjustable rear sights.one more thing is if you reload for a ruger 45 colt (blackhawk/bisley only) you can surpass the 44 mag in power.if you ever plan on pistol hunting the 45 colt ruger loads are great for deer & hogs.
    pete

ruger45002.gif

phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    IMO, the Rugers are great revolvers, but they are not SAA clones. They are styled after them, but the internals are different. I have an Uberti and I like it, though I haven't had it for long. It shoots well though. I had a gunsmith go through and give it an action job, so it's smooth now. I don't think you could go wrong with an Uberti or Cimmaron clone.

Top Bottom