• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ended up buying a 1911 last week. Might be a little while before I get a second one.

Don't bet on it.....

8-2020 2.JPG
    8-2020.JPG
    Venture Surplus ad

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Bushing wrench? There’s the problem right there.
    Barrel bushing was really tight. In most videos I see people are able to remove them fairly easy. Even with their fingers. The plastic bushing wrench that it came with broke trying to get it off. I ordered a metal bushing wrench and was able to get the barrel bushing off but it still took quite a bit of effort.

Jase1125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Dallas
    Highly recommend a Bul Armory 1911. Retail around $850 with quality easily doubling that. Out of the box 3 lb trigger on mine and an exceptionally smooth slide action. Honestly, the trigger felt better than the $5k Nightwawk Custom that was sitting beside it at my LGS.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Anyone familiar with with SDS 1911s? I'm seeing they're priced comparable to RIA. I'm not really familiar with that manufacturer.
    I have 2 of them. A REAL 1911 .45acp and also a .22lr one. Both are decent guns for the price and I've never had a single issue with them, but they are a step below a RIA.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Someone mention Springfield Armory yet? They make really good 1911s and they have several lines and barrel lengths to choose from.

I should also mention, Smith and Wesson E series 1911's are nice. There's one stainless model left @ riflegear for $979

Or if you just want to go dirt cheap, SDS tisas 1911s are on sale for $319. I'll post a link in the good gun deal thread for both:

post #10,822
    Wow. You just named 3 that I have! I've got a SDS that I paid about $349 for, I have a S&W E Series stainless (I thought they only made stainless), and a Springfield Armory Garrison Stainless. My favorite one (and it's a close one) is the Springfield Armory. The trigger is just a little better IMO that the S&W. All 3 of them are great shooters and all were under $850

Top Bottom