• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Never had much in the way of .22 rifles. I have a 50 year old 10/22 and an 85 year old Remington Model 41 Target Master. The 10/22 is my favorite.

TNMike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    McKinney
    I still run my Grandfathers Marlin 60

My father learned to shoot with it, i learned to shoot with it, my kids learned to shoot with it.
    Hopefully one day my grandkids will learn to shoot with it

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I used to have several rifles in either 22 LR or 22 WMR. I sold a few, gave three four to my son (whoops forgot about a Ruger 10/22 All Weather I gave him) and right now I own only four five (whoops, I remembered another one) of them. I currently have a Ruger 10/22,a Remington 513T Matchmaster, a Henry lever in 22 WMR, a Marlin 70P Papoose Ducks Unlimited model (edited to add this one), and a Henry U.S. Survival Rifle. I can't really say I have a favorite among them right now but if I had to decide on one, it would be from among the first three I just mentioned and not the U.S. Survival Rifle even though I do like it and it is a cool concept and the gun store gift card with which I bought it was a gift from my wife (maybe her best gift to me ever). As for the Marlin, have not tried it out yet.

I guess though, because over the years I have had it longest it and used it the most, the Ruger has been kind of, sort of, almost my favorite. Then again, I like that Remington Matchmaster - nice gun but not for lugging afield. The Henry is lovable very likeable as well, it is a good shooter and in excellent condition and I like it so much I am afraid to take it to the range and maybe scratch it. As I said though, while it would not be my favorite (unless maybe it suddenly became my only 22 rifle) the U.S. Survival Rifle is pretty cool. I often have kept in my trunk but it is not all that great a shooter - still would be better than nothing to tote along with a box of ammo on a hike or camping trip or for when you break down on a little used road in the middle of nowhere.

I should dig out the Ruger and take it for a shoot. Have a couple of 25 or 30 round mags for it somewhere, should bring them along too with an abundance of ammo. Heck, may have to bring all four to the range soon. When getting them out of hiding, who knows what others I may find!

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    These are most, if not all, of the other 22 rifles I have owned. Sold most of them except for those noted going to my son. The only real regret I have over any of them is that I got rid of my Mossberg M44 that I bought from the CMP. That rifle was a tack driver, it was a big mistake for me to have sold it.

Voere Model 2005
    Stevens 66B
    Stevens 85
    Savage Model 93 BTVSS, gifted to my son
    Savage Model 64
    Ruger 10/22 Reaper Camo
    Ruger 10/22 All Weather, I bought as a gift for my son, his first semi-auto firearm.
    Romanian M-69 Trainer
    Remington 552 Speedmaster
    Remington 550-1P
    Remington 241
    Polish Trainer WZ-48
    Mossberg M44 U.S.
    Mossberg M44, purchased from the CMP, I regret letting this one go. This definitely would be my favorite among those I sold.
    Mossberg Chuckster Model 640KA
    Marlin Model 56 Levermatic
    Marlin Model 70P Ducks Unlimited
    Marlin 25MN, this was given to my son as a gift, he loved shooting it, it’s a 22WMR bolt action.
    Marlin Model 15YN, a youth model
    JC Higgins Model 43
    Browning BL-22
    Armscor 14Y, purchased as a gift for my son, a bolt action repeater with box mag, this was his first rifle. This is my favorite among those I gave to my son, maybe tied with the Marlin 25MN.

There may have been one or 3 or even 10 more, damned if I can recall but I had these on an inventory list.

Top Bottom