• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Best is arbitrary. Since no one has mentioned it yet I'll add the Winchester 9422. A rifle so good they had to stop making it.

I have one & it is my favorite. It is especially so since it was a gift from my dad.

I got a little Nylon 66 that was my father in laws and it is really fun to shoot, but it only takes.22 short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    DK Firearms

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Only ? I have more rimfires than centerfires. I have the Henry H001. And it is flat fun to shoot.
    My only rifle is the 22 Henry Lever - so I guess it's my favorite, lol
    This is my favorite. The one papaw let me learn to shoot in the swamps. A Winchester youth model. I still shoot it.
    Whinchester historian says that the youth model does not exhist in that configuration.
    5b48d3b816a9e67335ac8c5e6d7e100b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Only ? I have more rimfires than centerfires. I have the Henry H001. And it is flat fun to shoot.This is my favorite. The one papaw let me learn to shoot in the swamps. A Winchester youth model. I still shoot it.
    Whinchester historian says that the youth model does not exhist in that configuration.
    5b48d3b816a9e67335ac8c5e6d7e100b.jpg

That's a nice looking rifle; and that memories come with it makes it even nicer. :)
    LOL re the historian. Sometimes they're way wrong. :D

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You are right. Sometimes they are. But...
    From everything I have been able to find online, from Winchester and from the Historian,,,,this gun in that configuration should not exhist. Timelines for features are all wrong. And from everything I know about whose hands it has been in, all family members, they would not have been able to modify an original and all the features still don't match. Everything says it should not be, yet I have it.
    And you are right about the sentimental value. Even Elon Musk ain't got enough money to buy it.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    Must be the 10/22. 4 of my10 .22 rifles are 10/22s. I usually grab the carbine with the peep sight when I go to the range.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I have one & it is my favorite. It is especially so since it was a gift from my dad.

I got a little Nylon 66 that was my father in laws and it is really fun to shoot, but it only takes.22 short.

It’s actually a stroke a good luck maybe. I believe you have a gallery gun if it only shoots shorts.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    You are right. Sometimes they are. But...
    From everything I have been able to find online, from Winchester and from the Historian,,,,this gun in that configuration should not exhist. Timelines for features are all wrong. And from everything I know about whose hands it has been in, all family members, they would not have been able to modify an original and all the features still don't match. Everything says it should not be, yet I have it.
    And you are right about the sentimental value. Even Elon Musk ain't got enough money to buy it.

Could it be someone prior to you owning it did/or had done a very professional stock shortening?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

You have a gem in that. Very few of them made that were only chambered in .22 short. Saw one for sale for $3,000

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Could it be someone prior to you owning it did/or had done a very professional stock shortening?
    They would have had to shorten the barrel as well. To get the muzzle crown it has, they would ha had to turn it down to get it original size. Niether of them was any good at handiwork. Barely had basic homeowner tools. Other than gardening, no good with their hands. Papaw could barely restring a fishing reel. Let alone work on a gun. Uncle Bill had 1 hammer, 2 screwdrivers and 5 pair of pliers. The pliers were in the same drawer as the knives and forks. They were for eating crab.
    8c574f65da286fc0e5abf673a8e2b18a.jpg
    e3a3d8720374c5838a4f15e6d33627e4.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

When I was a small child, Dad gave me a factory downsized striker bolt .22LR Anschutz single shot that I carried everywhere. Problem was it had no ‘’safety’’ and if cocked but not fired, one could grab the Mauser-like knob, pull the trigger, to uncock it. Not exactly a modern safety. Never a problem, though.

I had been drilled in strict muzzle awareness since a baby playing with toy guns.

Dad had gone out of his way to befriend several non-NAZI Germans, who rewarded him with their hidden guns. One was a wealthy German Jew, living free under Alfred Krups’ ‘’protection’’.

Like all Anschutz, very accurate.

My Nephew has it for his Son now.

leVieux

<>

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    <>

When I was a small child, Dad gave me a factory downsized striker bolt .22LR Anschutz single shot that I carried everywhere. Problem was it had no ‘’safety’’ and if cocked but not fired, one could grab the Mauser-like knob, pull the trigger, to uncock it. Not exactly a modern safety. Never a problem, though.

I had been drilled in strict muzzle awareness since a baby playing with toy guns.

Dad had gone out of his way to befriend several non-NAZI Germans, who rewarded him with their hidden guns. One was a wealthy German Jew, living free under Alfred Krups’ ‘’protection’’.

Like all Anschutz, very accurate.

My Nephew has it for his Son now.

leVieux

<>

Did the muzzle safety thing with my son. I had him hunting and killing at a young age. That was a great gift he gave you.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did the muzzle safety thing with my son. I had him hunting and killing at a young age. That was a great gift he gave you.
    <>

My Grandsons all got those very realistic child-size doublegun toys when 3 or 4, and were introduced to constant awareness or their muzzles.

Having safety ingrained is a real gift, as it just can’t be added-on later w/o great difficulty.

It is nearly impossible to explain this to a big city anti-gun Yankee libtard.

Indeed a couple of my highly educated GD’s are totally brainwashed Marxists.

But I ramble so. . . . . . .

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom