• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dumpnpump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    I have an AR 15 type chambered in 22. The cosmetics are AR, the mechanism resembles a Ruger 10-22. As to the one 22 I would like to have, my dad had one a model 61 pump. Smooth as butter. Regrettably, my brother that got it when we split the guns up got it for a wall hanger. His wife is virulently anti-gun so she had him de activate it to meet with her nut case ideas.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    BSA martini cadet rigged out as a schuetzen, vintage tang sight with Gehmann variable diopter and four color filters plus a polarizer
    Now tell us where to go for Schuetzen matches. I knew once but I've forgotten.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Hard to pin down. I've had the pleasure to shoot a bunch of different rifles.

For pure fun factor, the Marlin model 60.

Second place, I'd honestly say Marlin's youth model single shot - not sure if they even still make it. Their version of the Cricket. The one I bought for my step daughter eons ago had a laminate stock, stainless hardware, high viz fiber optic sights. AT 5 years old she was making tin cans dance at 30 yards with it all day long. When I split with her mom, a friend of mine bought the rifle from me for his son, and then he had a daughter who I am sure also learned to shoot on that rifle.

I also like the Ruger American rimfires.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    10/22, CMMG Upper, pick a savage bolt gun. It’s 22LR it’s not super accurate unless you pay stupid amounts of money on ammo and even then it costs more than center fire so get center fire. I’d you’re plinking pick one above and buy crap tons of ammo.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    10/22 is easily the best ever made. The factory 10 round magazines are serviceable and run like a sewing machine. The rifles can be configured to do anything you want them to. My heavy barreled guns are as accurate as any anschutz or cz. My lightweights are a delight in the field.

I have put hands on and worked over at least 20 of them and every one is hoot. I didn't believe you could match bolt action accuracy in a semi auto til I did it...again and again.

B. Wright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2022
    Cypress
    My vote is for the Browning SA-22 or the Marlin 39A. I own the Browning but I shoot my uncle's Marlin every chance I get. It is the flattest shooting most deadly accurate little squirrel gun I've ever laid my hands on. It makes the most satisfying crack when fired as well. ;)

Top Bottom