• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I didn't see this anywhere else, so sorry if I am repeating it.

I plan on carrying a kel tec 3AT, and I was wondering ammo yall thought was the best to carry in this little pocket gun.

Thanks.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Anything you can find right now, .380 is harder to find than 5.56 or 7.62 in the Houston area right now.... but generally any modern hollow point that will feed reliably in your pistol will work....

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Are all Speer Gold Dot's +P?
    I'd prefer something that isn't +P. The manual says the kel tec can take it, but it wouldn't be good in the long run. . . . makes me feel so happy.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I used Federal Hydrashoks in my Cheetah and they were reliable for me in that gun.

I never tried the Speer Gold Dots but heard a lot about them. Would be worth a shot.

The_Vigilante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Far West Texas
    From reading re SD .380 ammo on the various forums it appears that penetration is an issue with a lot of the HP .380 ammo, especially thru thick heavy winter clothing. The solution: FN Buffalo Bore 100g-has excellent penetration and the FN causes just as much or more damage than the hollow points.

The Vigilante
    Far West Texas

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I use nothing but Federal Hydra-Shok 90 grain JHP in 2 Kel-Tec P3AT's and in a Ruger LCP. They give 100% flawless operation.

Flash

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I use Hornady Critical Defense, was able to order from Cabelas and shipped faster then my WWB ammo. Anything you decide to carry you should shoot at least a few boxes through to make sure it feeds reliably.

T's C6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    DFW
    Each gun is different, you need to try different brands of ammo to check for feeding problems, ejection problems and accuracy. You do not want to have ammo problems if you have to use your gun.

texasjim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    hey vigilante not tryin to hijack this thread but just wondered how far is far west texas I live so far out that the sun sets between me and town jim

Englishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    As said by DirtyD anything that I can find I’ve been shooting, but the availability has not been such an issue in the last 2-3 weeks. Still being rationed to one or two boxes (50) per purchase and almost always non brass but its out there on the shelves at gun stores. Personally I have not seen any at the Academys and Walmarts.
    For Home Defense I keep Hornady Critical Defense in the mag….again this was all I could get at the time.

Top Bottom