• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shane77624

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    If you are being 'gifted' the pistol then I'd look into a Sig 229. I love Glock, but you might as well get a Caddy if someone else is buying. You can always get the Hummer later.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    hehehe chubbyzook....i didn't forget springfield :) i don't care for XDs...i think its a decent design besides the grip safety that locks the slide.i dont have a problem at all with their being a grip safety but its just theirs isn't like a 1911 grip safety. but its still an HS2000 $250 pistol rebranded with a huge price increase for the springer logo. its reliable mostly but not in the same league as the others mentioned imho.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    hehehe chubbyzook....i didn't forget springfield :) i don't care for XDs...i think its a decent design besides the grip safety that locks the slide.i dont have a problem at all with their being a grip safety but its just theirs isn't like a 1911 grip safety. but its still an HS2000 $250 pistol rebranded with a huge price increase for the springer logo. its reliable mostly but not in the same league as the others mentioned imho.

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

Wife and I both carry the XD's, most reliable tools in the toolbox. 'Nuff Said.

Cookerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    Austin
    CZ-75D Compact (Basically a CZ P-01 with a rail) was my first gun, I also own a Sig P226 and a Kel-tec PF9

The Sig has a little less recoil than the CZ, but the CZ is a little more compact. Both are great guns, but I would choose the CZ.
    DSC00700.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

randy_wsk01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Houston
    well i am also a new guy to handguns, i just got my first hand gun a glock 33 .357 sig, and had to shoot it for the first time ever, while getting my CHL license at the range..... i really like this g33 it is easy to use and powerful... and from what i heard in class you had to be 21 and up to get a CHL

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So this past weekend I met up with a few friends and we all shot each other's guns. We had Sig, CZ, Beretta, XD, M&P, Ruger, Bersa... The two favorites were the Tanfoglio (CZ clone) and the SigPro. I'm slightly surprised people liked the SigPro better than the P226, but not that surprised. The SigPro is very underrated. Just food for thought.

deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    TX
    all metal 9's........beginning to think they will become endangered animals with all the next gen weapons appear to be going to lighter weight for duty or ccw....
    No one use to complain about the weight of a 5906 smith or 1911.....but i guess we have got older and with bad backs since then.

the browning hipower is the finest 9mm i have ever owned........wish i still had it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    For all steel, I recently shot a CZ-P01 and thought it was terrific! For polymer, I have a Smith&Wesson M&P 9mm and it is very good, easy to maintain, easy to shoot, and fires different types of ammo very reliably. I think both would be good choices.

GatorGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    San Antonio
    The best 9mm in my opinion is the Sig P229 or P226 or the Hk USP compact, P30 or P2000 ALL CHAMBERED IN .40 S&W.

The P30 is the best, I think of the three Hks. I used to own the 9mm and am looking for the .40SW

than again the ammo is by far cheaper for the 9mm,.....

Gator

Danton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I've tested a LOT of 9mm's at various ranges, and the Sig P226 is the best IMHO (I own a 92F as well). Just an amazing weapon, which is probably why it's carried by the TX Rangers, British SAS, Navy SEALS, etc. It's too big to attempt to conceal, so I use it strictly for home defense. The P229 is the same quality and easier to carry. I can certainly understand a preference for the Glock 17/19, though. They are outstanding weapons as well. I carry a G19 (concealed) more often than the P229, simply because it's easier to do so - it's slimmer and 10 ounces lighter (not to mention the ~ 35% price difference). The Sig just feels better in my hand and I'm more accurate with it. Not crazy about the decocker DA/SA - that's one aspect where the Glock is superior - but I'm more than willing to deal with it to get the quality of the Sig. A great sub-compact is the XD9 SC. Very Glock-like in design and reliability, but the grip angle is closer to a 1911, which I find better for target acquisition. It also has a gip safety, which I prefer (and wish Glock would offer as an option).

pyromania54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    LA
    I have several pistols and only use them for target shooting and only leave one hidden (close) for home defense. I love the SIGs but don't own one. I do have a CZ - SP-01 tactical (all steel) and a Baretta 92FS (all metal) in 9mm. I can shoot them well but my last purchase amazes me. The BUL Cherokee Compact. It is not all that compact - just a shorter barrel. At 12 yards it is more accurate than any gun I own and others shooting "my gun' claim the same. It's polymer and steel with (2) 17+1 mags. It's a clone I'm sure of the CZ's or Tangfolio's but the CZ 19+1 mags fit it too. Mec-Gars work as well. 20 Hi-cap compact.
    I love the safety on the BUL and it does have a hammer. You can engage the safety whether it is unloaded, loaded, half cocked, or cocked or chambered. Not sure why I'm letting y'all know all this. Made in Israel.

Top Bottom