Best and Worst of TGT 2009

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by Englishman, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Englishman

Englishman Member

Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    I have some suggestions for nominations for the best and worst of this forum for 2009:-

Best Post: !!!beware of a scam artist from austin!!! A great story unfolded over the course of the thread. If you are new here it’s a good read when you have an hour to spare

Worst Post: dogs eating cat poop – Dcottez Quickly degenerated ! but did go the show the very depths of knowledge that can be found here.

Best Avatar: TexasRedneck – I’m sure its not a 100% likeness, but it makes me laugh every time I see it and so many posts in character. Always a good read.

Worst Avatar: Deuce Coup – If for no other reason than he is my father-in-law and I rarely miss a chance to have a go at him.

Whats yours?

2. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    <blush> Geez, a feller'd think ya'll don't recognize classic good looks when ya see it. But...ya might rethink yer shot at ol' Duece Coup. Mah boys'll tell ya that we might git old, but fathers an' fathers-in-law ALWAYS get ahead!<evil grin>

3. Englishman

Englishman Member

Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    Oh ol Duece will get even, but thats half the fun.
    Taking Duece, Mrs Duece and my er indoors back to Endland for Criustmas and New Yaer to see my folks. Im sure I'll have to keep him out of trouble while we are there. He's been warned about the Michale Savage tee shirts at imigration already !

4. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thar's an old sayin' 'bout "Mad dogs an' Englishmen...."

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I was going to wait til after Christmas to post this, even told Mo to start coming up with ideas last night ... here it goes

Best Thread: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...ed-shiloh-shooting-range/8070-free-safes.html

Worst Thread: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-legislation/8523-open-carry.html

Best Avatar: DCav

Worst Avatar: Double Action CHL

Member of the Year: Me!

Wussy of the Year: Toss up ... GM, DirtyD, TXSUT, you guys know I want to go shooting! Honorable Mention ... Starker

Scammer from Austin was good, but GI-John kicked butt.

6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Free safes was a good un! LOL!

7. Dcav

Dcav TGT Addict

Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Aww shucks, someone likes the stetson, and cross sabres huh.:banger:

Or else I'm not the only former 19d here.....:shifty:

8. texas_teacher

texas_teacher Well-Known

Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
  9. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The best thread was the "Free Safes" without question IMM!
    The worst - well we have had a few but "Open Carry" was in the top 5.
    As far as Avatars there are too many really good ones to say one person has the best.
    In many cases the avatar fits the member and that's what makes it unique IMO.
    Worst avatar - same as best - there are some that are really bad.
    Member of the year. Here my vote goes to all that have actively participated regularly in making TGT the best gun related forum on the internet IMHO!
    Worst members - Seems they don't last long enough to give a tinkers dam about anyway - LOL!!!
    BIGGEST Post Whore - DCortez!!!!!

10. texas_teacher

texas_teacher Well-Known

Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea

+1 on all accounts...:texas: