• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It seems only fair that it would be tested both with the brake, and without the brake. The rifle may already be tame enough not to spill a beer. What you should be proving is the improvement in recoil dampening. Although impressive, the video does not prove anything.

An unbraked AR would easily spill that drink, especially one without the flash hider.

I'm curious to get mine.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I read the review. I should be clear that I don't know mutch about ARs but I do know something about fighting rifle/carbines in general. But it seems to me that the only real problem is with the bottom of the break. IIRC he said it would throw dirt at the shooter in the prone position. Have y'all thought about giving that a look? I mean keeping the over all design and closing off the bottom and see how that works? I like the over all design on the break from what I see. I was just wondering about the prone aplications.

HawaiiGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Hawaii
    About the double taps. There is a triple tap on the video. Bottom line, sight does not move. Our preliminary report from full auto is sight also does not move

HawaiiGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Hawaii
    I read the review. I should be clear that I don't know mutch about ARs but I do know something about fighting rifle/carbines in general. But it seems to me that the only real problem is with the bottom of the break. IIRC he said it would throw dirt at the shooter in the prone position. Have y'all thought about giving that a look? I mean keeping the over all design and closing off the bottom and see how that works? I like the over all design on the break from what I see. I was just wondering about the prone aplications.

There is NO port on the bottom. There are ports at approximately 4 and 8 o'clock, that do deflect gases semi towards the bottom. Depending on weather conditions there is a potential for some dust kick up. We agree it is not absolutely ideal but it just plain makes the brake work incredibly well. The prone position can be a problem but usually isnt. It is a very small price to pay for super performance.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    We know this is a bold claim but at E-TAC we think we have come up with the best AR 15 brake yet. We are calling it the GoGun Talon Brake. It is now available in .223, with other calibers to come.

I personally shot it and was totally amazed that I could not detect any front sight movement at all. The report is deep and satisfying without concussion. It is large and beefy, too big for some folks but nothing is too big for Texas. Actually it was designed to be big and beefy to take sustained full auto fire but to be honest we have not yet torture tested in yet in full auto.

It is available end of this week for $78.50.

But if someone wants to do a legit comparison shootout to take us up on the challenge let me know and we can make one available.

Here is a pic of one in the white but they will available in black.

talon01.jpg
    Do they make one for a Savage Model 12 .308?

Top Bottom